Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    Werent you banned from Roma Victor for hacking?
    Ive never hacked nor been banned from any game for hacking. Gets your facts straight before you try to slander someone.

The problem is those two characters at the top of the web page are out of place, and horrible. Why if I suddenly died in the end of the world in 2012, would I wake up and want to be a native american ferry tale? And not a good one at that.
    How are they out of place? Or Horrible? Who said you were "waking up", you went though wars and other issues that brought destruction down on the world. Nothing to do with "waking up".
    I would guess if your toon is young you didnt even see a war or a computer.
    Its not a fact that you want to be one or not, its that you ARE. People animals and other things have been mutated and world has all but died off.

Added after 6 minutes:

It is disrespectful, but this is the MMO market, if you are butt hurt by someones comments online then perhaps your in the WRONG LINE OF WORK. And yes there are a great many things planned to come into the game "Soon". But, and this is the big word, BUT, there are a great many MORE bugs, glitches and glaring flaws in the current game that are being worked on that prevent other things from being put into the game. This is the current issue with 99% of the indie game maker market out there, they often bite off WAY more than they can chew, with the HUGE hopes and dreams of the small, under funded development team. This is why Mortal Online is a flop, Darkfall, is horrible, Roma Victor failed, and so many others never see the light of day.

And if I wanted to play Fallen Earth, I would play Fallen Earth. All that is, is a Fallout clone done badly that centers around the theme park experience. What part of sandbox is it that so many people are missing. I want to be able to start over, make a new town, a settlement, live off the land, be a new colonist, not a reborn victim, of some unsaid destruction of mankind, and forced to live out some native american dream, done badly.

Then you say, I should play Earthrise, which is nothing more than a first/third person shooter set on some distant world. No actual sandbox elements in it.
    Please just stop posting. Yes Mortal Online is a flop, so was Roma Victor. But Darkfall? No its doing pretty well now, it took time to get going but now it has a good solid base of players playing it.
    What about other games like EVE online?

I will bet you anything I can name many many more games put out by the major companies that are MMOs that flopped more than you can of Indie games. Which is odd because Indie games should be flopping more. (% wise they still do).

MMO market is very picky a lot of them never see the light of day, and a lot also flop. I agree that Indie games do bite off a more than they can chew sometimes but sometimes they dont sometimes they do a good job of it. Most Indie games build up into what they hope to be. Not come out day once ready for launch. Its the way it is.

If you want all those things you should play another game. This game is about Xsyon not Hodo's version of what a sandbox should be like for a game. Do you go around trying to change WOW into a sandbox game? Or change a the story of Call of Duty? NO you play it because you like the game and the story.
    Xsyon already laid out the story, if you cant play it because you dont like the story then LEAVE.

MrDDT,

Uh, its Libel, not slander, as slander would be through spoken terms and this is a written statement. And for which I appolagize, I am mistaken. And learn how to not be offended by a troll comment son.

Next, Darkfall is doing OKAY, not well, it is surviving, is it as big as Eve, not only no, but HELL NO. Is it making its overhead yes.

As for you naming games that failed by major companies, hell I can probably name off more than you can google, as I was in many of their betas. In the 20 years of online gaming I have taken part of, I have seen many of great game concepts come and go. This was one I only looked at because of guild mates, some of which we know from Roma Victor. Which by the way, was a great concept, it was just ambitious enough to be different, but not so large as to be beyond scope for most small companies. What killed that game was piss poor management. Samething that killed APB, which is being re-released.

I dont play Call of Duty, because I dont like the story, I dont play WoW because it isnt a sandbox game, and I have played a dozen if not more games just like it before it came out.

Lastly most Indie games DONT build up into what they hope to be, because MOST die before becoming more than a inhouse test phase.

lol oh I get it...

Hodo just wants a sci-fi sandbox with the "same" features. He's not talking about making Xsyon into a sci-fi mmo.

He's talking about from scratch re-make...in which case I'm not sure why it took since Oct 2010 to now to post this?

Orious13, yes and no.

It took me this long because I had wanted to see what direction he went with the game.

I wrote a few times prior to this about how I disliked the genre of the game. But you werent here for that.

You used the comparisons of Alpha Centari and Firefly...been a long time but wasn't Alpha Centari the post space race expansion where you're colonizing an alien world? They took a LOT of future tech with them, they didn't lose it all in a apocalyptic event. Firefly is similar, the tech is still there but on the out skirts of space it mimics a futuristic old west.
    What I'm saying is, those two examples are nothing like Xsyon in the fact that they still have and know how to make tech. In Xsyon the knowledge was lost due to an amnesia like state when waking in the alternate reality. (or something like that) Your other examples I have no knowledge of.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade512 View Post
    You used the comparisons of Alpha Centari and Firefly...been a long time but wasn't Alpha Centari the post space race expansion where you're colonizing an alien world? They took a LOT of future tech with them, they didn't lose it all in a apocalyptic event. Firefly is similar, the tech is still there but on the out skirts of space it mimics a futuristic old west.
    What I'm saying is, those two examples are nothing like Xsyon in the fact that they still have and know how to make tech. In Xsyon the knowledge was lost due to an amnesia like state when waking in the alternate reality. (or something like that) Your other examples I have no knowledge of.
    Your right about Alpha and Firefly, and I think that those would be great MMO sandbox concepts to go with, and quite frankly arent to far from what we have now. Say the difference is, you were colonist going to a far away world to become the first settlers, and your ship crashed, leaving a salvage pile, but your left with what you had in your escape pod.

The last part to your statement is why I keep refrencing "Riverworld" a book and a movie about a place built by aliens where after the Earth is destroied, they clone people from different times in Earth history, and send them to one place. Where they have no technology, just a boundless world of natural resources.