Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by Azhul_NS View Post
    A very pretty story, but it boils down to fanboy rationalization.

The community is the players. The devs are the employees. They are not our friends. They are people we are doing business with.

Coming up with romantic excuses for sloppy work is why MMOs are in such a sorry state in general.
    Depends what you are looking for in an MMO. The demand for unchallenging perfection (WOW clones) is IMHO what is responsible for the sorry state. Well, and the prevalence of grind mechanics in F2P. I'd put slowly maturing innovative sloppiness WAY low on my list.

Like I said, want perfection? Go try EA/Activision or something. They have a policy that their devs may not have fun at work, and it makes for games that reflect that by selecting for devs that don't like fun. And they still have issues -- any changing codestore with more than a couple million lines of code is going to have issues. But they won't have issues like someone trying something that's not a solved problem.

Cheers!
    Shava/Ani

Quote Originally Posted by shava View Post
    They have a policy that their devs may not have fun at work, and it makes for games that reflect that by selecting for devs that don't like fun.
    ?
    ????
    ???????

(Sorry needed 10 chars)

I think what Shava's saying is that it's all great and grand for people to complain about the performance and slow-update issues with Xsyon (which I myself have done), but that we need to keep in context what's going on here. These guys are doing things that are totally new and unique to this game...as opposed making a game with 100 braindead developers who work for peanuts and are only interested in making the corporate entity more money.

Jordi and the rest of the team LOVE this game and want nothing more than to see it succeed...of that I have no doubt. It's a pain to be patient and wait, but I think it'll be worth it.

If mass-produced WoW-type games with devs knocking out carbon copies of the same crap content were the ideal gaming world, we wouldn't be here right now...

Interesting topics going on here.

Shava, I've book marked your website. I may e-mail you in the not too distant future.

I have dreams of being an MMORPG Game Director and have been spending most my free time documenting features, story, art (Im an artist), and core mechanics. I'm currently trying to gather knowledge, connections, and general resources of the industry/community.

Quote Originally Posted by oneyedwang View Post
    Well not really....

there was that one patch that crashed the server for two days and they were gonna roll back to a previous build.....

Added after 5 minutes:

I killed jenny, I don't remember anyone else claiming to have killed anyone else.
    Our main concerns after that event is that we were told to fight by the people running the event that we were the last people left.

The raccoon event crashed the server and had us loading entities for about 40 mins and this event the guides had no idea what was going on.
    Both were examples of poor planning and horrible execution by both the lead guide and others.

Why you took this so personally I have no idea. lol
    I have a video recording of Tryste and Agayek claiming to have killed me once i revealed myself actually. But dont worry, I've taken nothing personally. I've only been remarking on my experiences interacting with members of your tribe in IRC, in game, and on the forums. I do suggest you remove who ever "lol" is (irc name) as they give your tribe a worse image than you probably want. I don't think ive ever seen a more pathetic display of tears than someone contesting the actual game logs themselves against the guides who checked them.

But, as your cool headed tribemate stated earlier, i won't further judge your entire tribe on my experiences with a select few. I apologize.

ps. why didn't you just have your whole tribe hide, and then pop out 1 by one to reveal jenny, myself and canaan?

6. 04-28-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    ps. why didn't you just have your whole tribe hide, and then pop out 1 by one to reveal jenny, myself and canaan?
    You mean why didn't we just assume that the guides had no idea what was going on at their own event and ignore them when they told us to fight? Dunno after the coon event we should of eh..

I'm the one who was bitching in IRC and I fail to see how you took away anything more than someone fustrated with getting shafted by the guides once again. But yes, pathetic display of tears...lol
    There is alot of backstory with our tribe and some of the guides that goes far beyond guide events that dabbles in the realm of guide misconduct. We don't speak about the events publically because while making posts like mine earlier are "fun" that is pr the guides don't need. Many of the guides are great guides and do their best to fullfill the role of a guide while others have not. They have made strides to weed alot of that out and from what we know our problems along those lines are gone and they are monitoring the guides much better now, in short there is alot you don't know:P