Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Launcher updates

Hello I was just wondering if there are plans to allow us to update our game even if we are not subscribers? I like this game but unfortunately i know i will not be able to subscribe year round all the time but regardless id like to keep my client up to date. Just trying to make sure thats out there and known, Thanks.

I'd doubt it, what's the point? I for one wouldn't want to share the bandwidth with non-subscribers on patch day.

Well if they would use bittorrent like updating wouldnt that not matter? Then its just people seeding. That is what most MMO's use now i believe

Quote Originally Posted by meissner61 View Post
    Well if they would use bittorrent like updating wouldnt that not matter? Then its just people seeding. That is what most MMO's use now i believe
    You want them to allocate their limited resources to rework the patcher so you can keep your non-playable client current? Any Idea how absurd that sounds?

Anyway...They are revamping the patching process so who knows.

"Currently we are wrapping up improvements to the launcher and patching system. We are testing this heavily as we are trying to eliminate all problems that players have experienced with patching files in the past. The improved system uses file compression that reduces the total download by half. The new launcher will allow players to select from the main build or a test build, which will enable us to let players jump in on the test server and check out features in progress before they are patched out to the main server.

We need to finish this new launcher before moving forward as our next patch will include a lot of data in anticipation of features that we will be adding over the next month. As soon as it's ready it will be made available for download."

i dont think you need a current sub in order to patch the game you should just be able to hit patch with out a username or password.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    i dont think you need a current sub in order to patch the game you should just be able to hit patch with out a username or password.
    You'd be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    You'd be wrong

awesome because back when the preorder offers were just barely being taken down a bunch of players were downloading the client and complaining about not being able to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
    You want them to allocate their limited resources to rework the patcher so you can keep your non-playable client current? Any Idea how absurd that sounds?
    Wow, I was just bringing it up so its known and out there. dont worry i wont use my magical powers to make them do anything they dont want to relax a bit ok?

Anyways as for your second part yeah thats what im pretty much hoping for too.

The actual game was supposed to be a "free download" and you'd only pay for the monthly as stated...somewhere.