Please read the full concept and not just comment on the title.

Note the following idea is meant to work in addition to the current stat reset system NOT instead of.

I never played UO but I've read thousands of posts about it. Practically every MMO that has been released since UO has had it referenced on their boards. Correct me if I'm wrong but in UO you had the ability to set your stats to Locked, Raising, or Lowering. I was thinking that system could be applied here as well.

I was thinking of this as an offline system cause the current system of stat decay and increase is based off actions we take ingame, which entirely makes sense. However I really think its a bit to slow and kinda tedious. The explaination for why it works is simple, think of it as your toon "training" while you are not logged in.

Here is what I'm envisioning, you set each stat to Lock, Raise or Lower. Each hour/day/week(exact length of time would need testing) of cumulative offline time 1 stat point is removed from your Lower stat and added to a Raise stat.

This concept could not be used to say gain back the 2 str points you've lost through ingame play because it only transfers a point out of a Lower stat over to a Raise stat.

So thats the basic idea. Thoughts, opinions, comments?