Offline Stat Resetting

Please read the full concept and not just comment on the title.

Note the following idea is meant to work in addition to the current stat reset system NOT instead of.

I never played UO but I've read thousands of posts about it. Practically every MMO that has been released since UO has had it referenced on their boards. Correct me if I'm wrong but in UO you had the ability to set your stats to Locked, Raising, or Lowering. I was thinking that system could be applied here as well.

I was thinking of this as an offline system cause the current system of stat decay and increase is based off actions we take ingame, which entirely makes sense. However I really think its a bit to slow and kinda tedious. The explaination for why it works is simple, think of it as your toon "training" while you are not logged in.

Here is what I'm envisioning, you set each stat to Lock, Raise or Lower. Each hour/day/week(exact length of time would need testing) of cumulative offline time 1 stat point is removed from your Lower stat and added to a Raise stat.

This concept could not be used to say gain back the 2 str points you've lost through ingame play because it only transfers a point out of a Lower stat over to a Raise stat.

So thats the basic idea. Thoughts, opinions, comments?

I never was fond of the game playing and not me.

I'm also under the impression that the current stat/item/skill decay/gain system is bugged.
    You don't loose skills and you can't gain stats.
    You can however lose stats and master every skill.

Even with it fixed, I'd rather see an increase in how quickly you gain/decay.

you can gain skills depending on what you are doing.

you probably lost STR in which case you need to start making bricks to gain it back.

I dont like the idea.

IMO stats should be a LOT more fluid and changing a lot more based on what you are doing.

If Im doing basketry and it uses dex ( dont even know just guessing) as its main stat. Im doing it non stop from 5 to 100 skill, by the time I hit 100 skill. I should have maxed out dex like 3 or 4 times.

This will promote people to do what they want and be good at what they do.

This slow stat gain is crazy. If a skill doesnt take a lot of time I can see it being kinda slow to gain stats, but going from 5 to 100, and only getting 1 MAYBE 2 points in a stat is not a good idea. It should be 100x that. People with 100 in a skill are MASTERS of that craft they should be very freaking good at it.

At the same time I think there should be more of a limited pool of stats.
    So you train up dex, other stats should start to fall.

So people that want to have "perfect" stats will really need to be training all the right skills (or using) at the same time.

its always going to balance closer to craft skills than combat skills since its easy to knock out 5-10 craft grinds in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I dont like the idea.

IMO stats should be a LOT more fluid and changing a lot more based on what you are doing.

If Im doing basketry and it uses dex ( dont even know just guessing) as its main stat. Im doing it non stop from 5 to 100 skill, by the time I hit 100 skill. I should have maxed out dex like 3 or 4 times.

This will promote people to do what they want and be good at what they do.

This slow stat gain is crazy. If a skill doesnt take a lot of time I can see it being kinda slow to gain stats, but going from 5 to 100, and only getting 1 MAYBE 2 points in a stat is not a good idea. It should be 100x that. People with 100 in a skill are MASTERS of that craft they should be very freaking good at it.

At the same time I think there should be more of a limited pool of stats.
    So you train up dex, other stats should start to fall.

So people that want to have "perfect" stats will really need to be training all the right skills (or using) at the same time.
    I can't remember, but as far as I understood it;
    - We'll have the 500 stat points from the character creation (which we use up).
    - A pool of extra stats.

No one will ever get perfect stats (the pool ain't that high).

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    I can't remember, but as far as I understood it;
    - We'll have the 500 stat points from the character creation (which we use up).
    - A pool of extra stats.

No one will ever get perfect stats (the pool ain't that high).

Im not sure if there is a "pool" max, because Ive seen people get extra points.

But Im not talking about "perfect" being 100 in all stats. Im talking perfect for them. Meaning I want 90str, 55fort, 72dex etc.
    Perfect being where they would have to work at keeping it balanced how they wanted so they would have to use the correct skills to keep it perfect for them. I didnt mean perfect as in 100 or whatever cap is in every stat.

Which is also why I dont like locking stats. I would rather have people use the skills that are required to have those stats. It would make no sense to have someone doing all types of spirit, dex and int work only have locked stats that are low in those stats.
    Stats should be a lot more fluid than they are now. You can go days or even a week of playing 2 to 10 hours a day and not see a stat change.