I state earlier that I would like to see tribes gain the ability to influence their tribal area by ranking their totems. I like this because it gives motivation for tribal members to do 'stuff' on a regular basis to support, or expand, their tribe.

To go along with this, I would like to see the totem menu expanded to include non-tribe member status and permission. It would appear that the code for this is already mostly there...as inter tribe permissions can be set based upon tribal rank. Would it be a huge step to extend these permissions to non-tribal members?

/tally [tribe] designates [tribe] as an ally
/friend [individual] designates individual as a friend of the tribe.

the 'diplomacy' tab would look much like the tribe management section, you could extend permissions to varying degrees for friends and alllied tribes. Access storage? sure. Harvest resouces? sure. Terraform? No way. etc. etc.

of course you'd also have
/tenemy which would designate an enemy tribe. this would currently be kinda pointless, since we don't have npc guards or anything...but ideally at some point we would (tamed wolves?) and this would allow us to kos hostiles.

On my personal wishlist, would be in the ally menu, the ability to allow an ally to build on your land...and then a subset of what they'd be permitted to build. WHy? because then i could contract out for someone to build my walls WTB Craft guild to fortify VD homestead. Food, protection and shelter guaranteed! In the same manner, a pve tribe could hire a merc tribe for protection.

anyway. thoughts.