Question The Server,Engine and You!!!

With the talk of expansion totems, sieges, farms ...

It got me to thinking, what are the limitations of the game in regards to people in one area? I've only been playing since Feb and haven't witnessed more than like 12 people in one spot.

Was this tested in earlier beta?

What are your experiences with groups and any impact on performance?

@Dev Team, any insight?

I know there was talk of possibly moving to a load balancing cluster at some point.

But, what can the game handle now? (assuming we had the people playing)

What sized conflicts have been envisioned by NG?

Please no boneheads chiming in about not being able to currently get more than 3 people together...we are all painfully aware of the population woes.

There was at least 20 people at one of the pvp events.

Apache has ran around the lake in groups the last time we did that we started with 15 and went over to Fatboys camp which had about another 10 people there.

So 25 is the max i have seen my self in game in one place at the same time.

There was at least 20 people at one of the pvp events.

Apache has ran around the lake in groups the last time we did that we started with 15 and went over to Fatboys camp which had about another 10 people there.

So 25 is the max i have seen my self in game in one place at the same time.

Did the 25 have much impact on performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
    Did the 25 have much impact on performance?
    Very little, the 10 bears they spawned seemed to cause 3x more lag than the players and the sync issues were no more noticable than a 1v1.

I think that was mostly becase the bears didn't have a clue who they wanted to attack.

Xsyon Citizen
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...se-Force/page7

When they held the "raccoon" PVP event, it took 3 hours for 3 people to make a half hour journey because of desyncing, crashing, and 20+ minute "loading entities" time after desyncing and crashing.

Lies - go back to WOW and Darkfall - I have been in an area with loads of people and bears and it did not lag - get a new PC

(Troll much? Yes)

Quote Originally Posted by Saorlan View Post
    Lies - go back to WOW and Darkfall - I have been in an area with loads of people and bears and it did not lag - get a new PC

(Troll much? Yes)
    the primary issue with the racoon even (yes it did take 3 hours to cross 6 zones) was the zone crashing bug...which is supposedly fixed.

crash every zone + 5-15 (was 30 mins in one case) time to relog in (gotta love loading entities) and voila. there's your travel time. for the record we never saw a racoon, or a player (we were going there to protect the racoons), only a guide who said it was over and disappeared...so we jumped off cliffs and logged off.