Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clearing snow

or at least make clear terrain clear snow ,
    how ever im afraid it would also remove those resources your tring to get at under the snow in some cases, like scrap and twigs and grass.
    I like it. I think adding seasonal aspects to game play is great. When the labor of acquiring things increases, usually so does the price. I would enjoy playing in a harsh world where you had to gather your nuts for the winter so to speak.

On the subject of seasons impacting gameplay - I can't wait for farming, when people will have to think about the seasons and tailor their activities to gathering and storing food for winter. Foraging should not give you much at all in winter. Fish should be less plentiful in winter too. Make farming meaningful. Make sure to introduce a granary building when you bring in farming too.

What about having snow melting around fires?

I think snow should be a resource. It could be used to make snowballs and snowmen, maybe other things. As you collect it you would clear it. It would all melt after winter.

So that would be a good way to clear it.

Im not sure if its possible, but if as snow fell it piled up that would be nice. With teraforming, it seems like it would be possible to program, but im not really sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenchfoot View Post
    Agreed. It just makes sense.

When ranged weapons are implemented allow us to make snowballs too.
    Nice - I like!

Snow ball fights at the OK Coral.