Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Funny is how your second paragraph conflicts with your first.
    You crying about "Open PVP" change it, yet you then saying "Announce it and the players who likes the features will come".

I agree with the second not the first.

Jordi should stay true to his ideas. Use the players to bounce, test, and help with ideas that work with what he wants.
    If he wants no pvp. Then fine. But if you want something else you have to have a good system in place to support it.
    Im not going to sit here and say "Everyone wants this, or that", nor will you see me saying "Everyone is going to quit if you dont do X"

But I can tell you, that doing something 1/2 way isnt a good idea. That doesnt mean making FULL LOOT no hold bars, no safe areas, no protections etc is going to work for open PVP.
    You need a system in place that has checks and balances. Some games do it well others dont. Even Darkfall is starting to get the idea much better, and oddly its seeing more people playing it. (I think its more than one reason).

Its people like you tossing out "Im going to quit if I dont get my way, and so are most" is where you dont get a good debate. You cant back your points with anything other than "We will quit if we dont get our way".

Dont forget this is Jordi's baby. He knows what he wants out of the game, and I dont think its just tons of people playing a game. I think its a lot more than that. He has ideas that are not even close to coming out due to all the issues the game has been having.
    Im sure he wants people to play, but I dont think he is expecting to pull millions of people. He is looking for the people that want to play a game the way he wants it made. Jordi doesnt have all the ideas or fixes for every problem. Which is why sometimes its up to players to help him on his road.
    But telling him to change or you will quit, isnt helpful.

After having talked about it, I like his new system with 1 major flaw, protecting anywhere/anytime type of tribes. Ive said it before. Limit the areas with limited resources will please both PVPers, and PVEers, and protect new players.
    Of course you wont make everyone happy. I doubt there is ANY choice for that. If you can think of one please tell. Ive yet to see it.
    Great thinking, +1

3. Can you tell us more about the player-conquered continent? What degree of customizability will there be in where or how you establish towns, castles, and homesteads?

Players can obtain land, provide it to other players for housing and collect taxes in return. The land will be a part of a certain zone that will have unique resource, enabling the ruler of that land to control those resources. Additional features like hiring NPCs as vendors will help to create a city-like atmosphere.

Guilds or groups can take someone else’s estate through castle siege. If such take-over happens, the residents, who have lived there before the war, may be able to stay there as is or need to pay higher tax rates depending on the new lord’s decisions.

While I hate zone-specific mechanics, I'd go for something like this (Archeage)... Maybe.

While Archeage is tab-targeting combat (yuck), it has a lot of sandbox features that are in Xsyon. Better get to work., Jordi.

Yeah, but 95% of america are biased towards all asian mmos. Xsyon's safe...lol.

Jokes aside. At least some companies with money get it. By that I mean what shit there is out there. Some of it is wrapped in gold and polished pretty nicely.

They are searching for an NA publisher. I won't play it, because I can't stand tab-target games, but some of the features sound nice. Open-PvP, territory control continent, build anywhere, farming, agriculture, hire NPCs, etc.