Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question about "Evolution" features

Hi,

The features page has an "Evolution" subsection.

It lists the things that will become available to "larger, more civilized tribes."

It includes agriculture, animal taming and riding, and cooking (amongst others).

Does this mean a homesteader will not be able to have:
    A horse.
    A few chickens and one (preferably mute) rooster.
    A vegetable garden.
    The ability to cook a good venison stew in winter time.

Thanks.

2. 04-29-2011, 11:17 AM

Valid questions indeed, I like the (mute) rooster! I was also wondering about these same features

4. 04-29-2011, 11:22 AM

I imagine an invention system of some sort. Where I get to re-invent the cotten gin. Only this time around I'll call it the flugelhorn. That is, if the flugelhorn hasn't been re-invented yet. I just like saying flugelhorn.

I think it would be neat for tribes to have greater achievements like becoming more technologically advanced and having more modern amenities than their neighbors.

6. 04-29-2011, 11:24 AM

7. 04-29-2011, 11:34 AM

8. 04-29-2011, 11:43 AM

The intended meaning was simply as Trenchfoot has just mentioned.

No offense was meant whatsoever, and I do apologize for my ignorance of the potentially offensive nature of the word in question. I have edited my initial post.

Please don't let it become a point of contention, or upset you in any way as I would feel bad. It's Friday after all, enjoy the day/night/morning...

My primary interest is in the original questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    The intended meaning was simply as Trenchfoot has just mentioned.

No offense was meant whatsoever, and I do apologize for my ignorance of the potentially offensive nature of the word in question. I have edited my initial post.

Please don't let it become a point of contention, or upset you in any way as I would feel bad. It's Friday after all, enjoy the day/night/morning...

My primary interest is in the original questions.
    It was fine in the context of your post.

Moving on

Oh Lord. Are you KIDDING? People never heard of Davy Crockett? What he wore on his head?

Words can have more than ONE meaning. PC speech police are a blight on society.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhul_NS View Post
    Oh Lord. Are you KIDDING? People never heard of Davy Crockett? What he wore on his head?

Words can have more than ONE meaning. PC speech police are a blight on society.
    There are no PC speech police here. My initial comment was tongue-in-cheek, but before you damn me for my English humour, first thank the Lord for our beautiful new princess. Three cheers for the Duchess of Cambridge.

Evolution is the next phase of the game after prelude.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    Evolution is the next phase of the game after prelude.
    Evolution or desolation?

I hope the former of course, and look forward to encounters with creatures other than bears, coyote, deer and coons

If/when they finally get around to adding cooking, i highly doubt it will be out of reach to homesteaders.