Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Sad thing is, I looked up in real life the other day and saw clouds rolling by. I thought, "hmm, so that's north?"... /facepalm.
    Priceless!

Are you fellow survivors really telling me that you haven't found the compass yet? And no, it's not the GPS system, there's a big, fat compass in the game, telling you where is north, like a compass does.

The sky's the limit and the clouds are my navigator ...

[Edit: too late, the secret has been revealed ]

Look up, clouds move north.
    Not sure if this is the aforementioned compass in game.

Sad thing is, I looked up in real life the other day and saw clouds rolling by. I thought, "hmm, so that's north?"... /facepalm.
    Superb, I love this; Ican see myself doing this too.

Quote Originally Posted by LennyLeak View Post
    - QFT.

I would like a calender system though. It also seems reasonable to expect when agriculture is implemented.
    But a compas and a waterskin are things that are really needed atm, imho.
    EDIT: Oh yeah and a true /say, that broadcasts within like 30m.
    I really want a waterskin, too. I suspect that the designer left them out on purpose, though. To make water a geographical resource.

Look up, clouds move north.
    Not sure if this is the aforementioned compass in game.

Ah, cool. Just like MineCraft. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xidian View Post
    Well when the game launched it was Jan 01 2012, and the game launched on Mar 15th. Time moves at 8 times real life time. Sooooo, someone do the math and you can figure out the date.
    Jan 1, 2012 was the end of the world as we know it, we woke up some 25 years later, not knowing what happened. Hence the year is currently 2038. I did at one time make a calendar to keep track of days, however with server crashes and downtimes its hard to pinpoint any exact time frame as if the server is down, the clock stops ticking. At this time though, it is currently late november - early december, and we have approximately 15 days of snow. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrianna View Post
    Jan 1, 2012 was the end of the world as we know it, we woke up some 25 years later, not knowing what happened. Hence the year is currently 2038. I did at one time make a calendar to keep track of days, however with server crashes and downtimes its hard to pinpoint any exact time frame as if the server is down, the clock stops ticking. At this time though, it is currently late november - early december, and we have approximately 15 days of snow. Enjoy!
    Where did you get the information that 25 years have passed? Me and I'm sure quiet a few other people were under the impressions that it was 2012.

Xsyon Citizen
    Sometimes you tell the day by the bottle that you drink.