Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Figuring out the date?

Anyone have any ideas as to figuring out the current date.

i know as of today were in november i think its 2038 according to one of the totems that was placed a couple of days ago.

Would be nice if there was a running calendar instead of having to have someone place a totem to check the date

or just have the date show up somewhere on the UI would be nice too

I'd swap a calendar for a compass, anyday.

Well when the game launched it was Jan 01 2012, and the game launched on Mar 15th. Time moves at 8 times real life time. Sooooo, someone do the math and you can figure out the date.

That would be a nice thing to have down the line

Quote Originally Posted by Xidian View Post
    Well when the game launched it was Jan 01 2012, and the game launched on Mar 15th. Time moves at 8 times real life time. Sooooo, someone do the math and you can figure out the date.
    Jan 1, 2012 was the end of the world as we know it, we woke up some 25 years later, not knowing what happened. Hence the year is currently 2038. I did at one time make a calendar to keep track of days, however with server crashes and downtimes its hard to pinpoint any exact time frame as if the server is down, the clock stops ticking. At this time though, it is currently late november - early december, and we have approximately 15 days of snow. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrianna View Post
    Jan 1, 2012 was the end of the world as we know it, we woke up some 25 years later, not knowing what happened. Hence the year is currently 2038. I did at one time make a calendar to keep track of days, however with server crashes and downtimes its hard to pinpoint any exact time frame as if the server is down, the clock stops ticking. At this time though, it is currently late november - early december, and we have approximately 15 days of snow. Enjoy!
    Where did you get the information that 25 years have passed? Me and I'm sure quiet a few other people were under the impressions that it was 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhul_NS View Post
    - QFT.

I would like a calender system though. It also seems reasonable to expect when agriculture is implemented.
    But a compas and a waterskin are things that are really needed atm, imho.
    EDIT: Oh yeah and a true /say, that broadcasts within like 30m.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhul_NS View Post
    You know that there is a compass in the game right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    You know that there is a compass in the game right now?
    Are you asking if he has found a compass in game?