Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    There is no walk SKILL???? What are you talking about here?

Walking is effective for being able to land exactly on the number 481.82 or whatever you want. I use it for terraforming and wall walking (start from top of wall, put on walk, and move down the wall slowly)

Didnt say there was a walking skill. I was talking about a running skill. Either make walking USEFUL, or remove the running skill. Right now there is no balance nor ever a reason to walk. Yes you can use it to stop right on the exact spot. But does that mean there should be a running skill?
    Walking should be the norm if you going to make running a skill. Its a pointless skill. If it doesnt use up total skill points (which it shouldnt because its the default movement type) its stupid to have in game. As would swimming if it doesnt add to the total skill points pool. (I heard there was going to be a soft cap, or maybe even a hard cap).

Problem mainly comes is that everyone is going to train it without a choice. Walking is way to slow, and not useful.

If walking regened stamina or didn't make one lose any stamina that would make walking useful in a flash.

I know that I regen stamina wall walking in real life.

Or how about this. Walking regens stamin UP TO half way. So if you're sprinting, you go to half stamina and start running. Before you have no stamina you start walking and begin to regenerate it a bit.That might not be as effective as just resting, but that's what you get for being ... lazy? Less lazy?

lol... now wanting to not have to lay down is considered being lazy.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    If walking regened stamina or didn't make one lose any stamina that would make walking useful in a flash.

I know that I regen stamina wall walking in real life.

Or how about this. Walking regens stamin UP TO half way. So if you're sprinting, you go to half stamina and start running. Before you have no stamina you start walking and begin to regenerate it a bit.
    These are good ideas.. one of the issues I have is that when your running you don't really stop completely to rest you start walking until you can run again and from a new player perspective its a very annoying mechanic, its going to be just as annoying later on even if it does happen less with better skills. Loosing control of your character's basic ability to move around for anything except the result of combat abilities is a little to much.

I do have my fingers crossed that skill gains make the difference for me, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Didnt say there was a walking skill. I was talking about a running skill. Either make walking USEFUL, or remove the running skill. Right now there is no balance nor ever a reason to walk. Yes you can use it to stop right on the exact spot. But does that mean there should be a running skill?
    Walking should be the norm if you going to make running a skill. Its a pointless skill. If it doesnt use up total skill points (which it shouldnt because its the default movement type) its stupid to have in game. As would swimming if it doesnt add to the total skill points pool. (I heard there was going to be a soft cap, or maybe even a hard cap).

Problem mainly comes is that everyone is going to train it without a choice. Walking is way to slow, and not useful.
    I like the running system. More levels = less stamina. And no it's not a pointless skill, it allows those with high running to have an advantage in every aspect of the game where they are moving, especially PvP.

My only problem is it along with all other skills train too fast.

And there should be unlockable skills with every skill for example running level 90 = burst of speed where ur char can run 50% faster than the sprint. Something like that didn't really give it much thought but something to give the skill system more depth especially for skills with no unlockables like running swimming jumping terraforming logging etc etc. Could make higher level terraformers able to dig tunnels, etc...

Cmon Jordi we need depth to some of these skills

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    I like the running system. More levels = less stamina. And no it's not a pointless skill, it allows those with high running to have an advantage in every aspect of the game where they are moving, especially PvP.

My only problem is it along with all other skills train too fast.

And there should be unlockable skills with every skill for example running level 90 = burst of speed where ur char can run 50% faster than the sprint. Something like that didn't really give it much thought but something to give the skill system more depth especially for skills with no unlockables like running swimming jumping terraforming logging etc etc. Could make higher level terraformers able to dig tunnels, etc...

Cmon Jordi we need depth to some of these skills

Good ideas with the burst of speed, but whats the point of training the skill? EVERYONE that plays for more than 100 hours will have 100 running, they dont have a choice in the matter.

Im saying make running skill a choice instead of making it just to show who is new to the game and who isnt. Im not asking for it to be removed. I like more choices and skills.
    But if you had the choice of saying 1000 points, would running be 100 of those 1k?
    Thats the question, problem is running isnt a choice, everyone will have it after x amount of time playing the game. That makes it useless skill.
    If they going to leave it like that, they should just remove running and allow everyone to have lower stam used while running.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Good ideas with the burst of speed, but whats the point of training the skill? EVERYONE that plays for more than 100 hours will have 100 running, they dont have a choice in the matter.

Im saying make running skill a choice instead of making it just to show who is new to the game and who isnt. Im not asking for it to be removed. I like more choices and skills.
    But if you had the choice of saying 1000 points, would running be 100 of those 1k?
    Thats the question, problem is running isnt a choice, everyone will have it after x amount of time playing the game. That makes it useless skill.
    If they going to leave it like that, they should just remove running and allow everyone to have lower stam used while running.
    make it a skill, agreeing with MrDDT

I use walk all the time to get just over that next hill before I rest. I wonder if anyone has done a test to see if walking the same distance uses more or less stamina as opposed to running?

My stamina seems to stop when I walk and it's close to running out. It doesn't get any higher, but it doesn't move down very noticably either. Though I have only done it to get those few extra steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenchfoot View Post
    I use walk all the time to get just over that next hill before I rest. I wonder if anyone has done a test to see if walking the same distance uses more or less stamina as opposed to running?

My stamina seems to stop when I walk and it's close to running out. It doesn't get any higher, but it doesn't move down very noticably either. Though I have only done it to get those few extra steps.
    Sprinting is the most effective way to move in this game. Time wise.
    You can sprint, rest and sprint again faster than you can walk non stop or run then rest, then run again.
    Higher running makes sprinting even more effective.

PS. Ive not fully tested jumping, so we are talking about without jumping.