Couple of questions from a new player.

So my brother and myself have been playing for a couple of days now, and we've got a couple of questions;

1. does grass regrow? I think I'm seeing it regrow but not sure.
    2. Do scrap yards regrow? If not, any way of seeing how much is left in one?
    3. Can we unlock tents/something other than walls/posts by training architecture, or do we have to find recipes for it?

4. While creatures are still sparse and being implemented, any places we should look for them or are they just randomly spawned all over the place?

Hmm guess that's it for now.

We're really enjoying the game so far plus the community is really nice, thanks a lot guys.

Edit:

5. Anyone know why the hell I have this Kali Ma picture as my signature? I had it on my first post, never put it in there myself. Is it some standard thing or something?

1. Planned but not working yet.
    2. Planned but not working yet.
    3. You can learn new recipes through Architecture. No architecture recipes in-game yet.
    4. Creature AI is still really off, so they are extremely rare (unless guides are spawning them in for people).

5. No idea...

The signature is a forum bug Try to delete it from your profile.

Scrap can be harvested in a single spot 8 times total before that spot turns to dirt. Any spot can be scavenged indefinitely so long as 1 unit of scrap remains on it though.

I thought they had implemented regeneration if we discard enough items? Maybe I just read it in a feature list somewhere, haven't tried it out yet.

Thanks a lot for the quick answers, fixed my signature right away.

6. More on junkyards, how much do they tend to have? my brother and I are on the EU shard in a part of the map where there's still a lot of trees too. Should we expect to clear out this scrapyard in a couple of days, or was it build for hundreds of people and should last for months?
    7. More on learning new stuff, do new recipes come in tiers? and therefor spending points you get from "leveling" on a skill will only help you get to a tier higher and then new recipes, or do you get them completely random, and therefor spending points till you got all recipes is worthless in those kind of skills?
    8. To the more veteran members here; How is this game coming along in it's development? I've played a lot of games over the years, and I'm looking for that one that keeps you interested by it's new stuff, rather than its promises. I mean, realistically speaking, how long till stuff like more creatures, and my question numbers 1 and 2 are in? I spend several years waiting for Darkfall/Mortal Online/basically for the next Ultima Online since UO, and I hope this is it, but I've felt that way several times before.

You wont clear out s scrap yard in a couple of days, there is a LOT of stuff in them.

You can scavenge patterns for recipes, if you find a pattern you can learn it and as you skill up you will unlock the other recipes for that particular crafting set.

This is an indie game, development is slower than the more well known games. A patch is being rolled out early this week addressing some of the immediate game issues

Quote Originally Posted by GuideDina View Post
    This is an indie game,
    This is a common excuse. If they charge a full sub fee, then they are obliged to provide a quality service.
    development is slower than the more well known games.
    Slower? Yeah, so slow it is currently in reverse.
    A patch is being rolled out early this week addressing some of the immediate game issues
    Hmmm. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryShooter View Post
    ... 4. While creatures are still sparse and being implemented, any places we should look for them or are they just randomly spawned all over the place? ...
    Greetings, Henry, I think we have met in-game.

I'm not sure how it works, but I have the feeling that bears in our zone follow a certain pattern of movement. I'll show you next time we meet in-game.

6. There is only 1 server. The EU is just the different patchers.

There are, to my findings, select respawn sites for the animals. Around my tribe area we have bear and raccoon mostly with a few deer thrown in. I have found most coyotes in and around junk piles in the flatlands rather than in the mountains.