Notification of friends and tribe members

Please, can you add a notification when friends and tribe members log in? It would enhance gameplay a lot to know who is on and when. Sometimes a tribe member will be in game and I don't know for 30-60 minutes because they are out of visual range and happened to be afk when I said Hi after logging in.

The social aspect of this game is SO important. If you don't have the tools to bring people together and interact more, it will be difficult for a social network to form in the game. No social network = dying game.

I dont think you should see "friends" log in, but tribe members yet.

Reason not friends is because it can be exploited right now. People can make you a friend without your consent. Just as they can make you a foe without consent.

Having said that, I would like to see "friends" be an option both people have to agree on. Then allow them to seen when they are logged in. Also if one or the other removes them from the friend list. Then no longer see each other log in.

I would also like to see an invisible state where you can be shown "offline" to friends only. But tribe members should always see if you are online or not.

Reason not friends is because it can be exploited right now. People can make you a friend without your consent. Just as they can make you a foe without consent.

Having said that, I would like to see "friends" be an option both people have to agree on. Then allow them to seen when they are logged in. Also if one or the other removes them from the friend list. Then no longer see each other log in.

I would also like to see an invisible state where you can be shown "offline" to friends only. But tribe members should always see if you are online or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Straylight View Post
    Please, can you add a notification when friends and tribe members log in? It would enhance gameplay a lot to know who is on and when. Sometimes a tribe member will be in game and I don't know for 30-60 minutes because they are out of visual range and happened to be afk when I said Hi after logging in.

The social aspect of this game is SO important. If you don't have the tools to bring people together and interact more, it will be difficult for a social network to form in the game. No social network = dying game.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post

I agree with MrDDT on how he outlined his friends option. Good stuff.

When the time comes for them to start working on things like this, I think that it would be a great thing to see when tribe mates log in and out of the game. Going beyond that, I would like a good tribal(guild) window. With lot's of bells and whistles built into it. Like a list of tribe members, With options on the order they are shown in [Rank, Alphabetically, Last time Online, Online/Offline]. Being able to send a /W by right clicking (drop-down option) on members name. A way to leave a short msg under your name in the tribal window, So we can list our skills. Or have it built into a tooltip when you cursor over name, It would show your top 3 to 5 skill's.

I also agree with Straylight (social network)
    More than being able to see when tribe mates log in or out. Working on a new chat system would help even more. Having everything said in zone and to you all being in the same window sucks. If you get up for a drink or bio, You may miss a lot. Like friends and/or tribe mate sending you /W. I think being able to create more windows and being able to have option on what chat you want turned on or off for each would help a lot. Making the new windows as tabs on top of our one chat window would be OK till(I hope) they revamp the UI. I like having a window just for /w so I don't miss any. I also like have one for friends and another one just for tribe mates. Being able to flip from chat page to page would help to keep up with every one you wish to.

yes. that.

At the very least there needs to be a way for the tribe leader to tell who was last online on which date.

friends online not really, tribe online kinda sorta.

tbh, I have used Ventrillo/Teamspeak since i can't even remember, personally i dont like having to use the in game chat system in ANY mmo, its just there for communicating with people that dont have a Mic or aren't in your clan.