Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Posting limit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You mean it should be working right now ? I can post in a thread more than once...

Do what you feel is best for your paying customers and pay no attention to the trolls.

It's your forums do what you want.

You may want to relax it back to 1 post per thread per hour ... that way those that ARE posting constructive info can share in a timely manner.

( just a thought )

Smite those trolls and forum queens.

It might make some consider actually putting a measure of thought and effort into their posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    You mean it should be working right now ? I can post in a thread more than once...

I meant the tribe advertisement, I had to move this thread from there because of the restriction that i put in lol

Only 1 post her thread per day should be allowed now.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    I meant the tribe advertisement, I had to move this thread from there because of the restriction that i put in lol
    Oh okay, makes sense now. I thought it was a little extreme and stifling to have any actual discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post

Only 1 post her thread per day should be allowed now.
    Ok, I understand it now, but I think its not a good idea. Tribe advertisement forum is not the place where most of the flaming happens, its on the general forum. I understand you don't like tribes bumping their thread but this limits the communication with players who are interested in a tribe. Someone just posted in the Nomad forum, asking a question....now they can't reply to him. And if there is another player who is interested in joining, he can't ask how he can since someone posted before him.

That's such a silly limitation.

I can see why its needed, make it so that only the creator can bump so we dont get unwanted bumps then..

But what if more than one applicant want to write in the thread?

ok, so I have thought about it.

The tribe advertisement area is purely for advertising your tribe. If someone wishes to ask questions about it they can either post in looking for a tribe or tribal discussions or PM a member of that tribe.

If you wish I can switch as Archangei suggested, so that only the thread creator can post there (and I would allow for 3 posts in a 24 hour time span which would mean a post every 8 hours)

I wouldn't mind if only the thread creator can post or not, but if you do, it seems like setting it at 8 hours would just start a bump war... Then again I guess 1 day would just be a more strategic bump war. Why not just stop anyone from replying to a thread if it is solely for advertising the thread? Then no more pointless bumps