Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzandor View Post
    I dont know if we are on the same page or not, if am saying the same as you but in another way (cause english is my second language) but ill just add this: Its all normal to have large groups of scum bags, it WILL happen, now, what we have to try out is to control the amount of those large groups, discourage them with some penalties whatever it is (political, trades etc) and assisting the good tribes to defend themselfs with city guards. Anyway ill make a poll, i didnt saw anywhere if most of the players would want a safe place, somewhere invulnerable to attacks where they could protect themselfs and their goods.

My thoughts on that, which this has been said many times, and I cant believe you cant find a post about it. Is this. Safe area is ok with me as long as its limited in resources, and cant be placed anywhere. It should be preset by the devs with limited resources, and limited area.

The current plan is to place safe areas anywhere someone wants only that tribe that placed it, wont be able to do conquest. Which sounds to me like, Clan A has 3+ totems. 1) As its main base can be conquest or safe area, 2) As its conquest totem, and 3)Safe totem it places on resources or in areas it wishes to use as another base to retreat too.
    That doesnt work well.

Anyways thats my thoughts, really I doubt it will ever get this far because of how slow the updates are even coming.

The only system that can and will work in a mmo is a diety system where say there are 3 to 4 dieties. Thus having each player in the game have to choose between a diety making it where tribes and small homesteaders of the same diety can war together on battle fields. Small homesteaders dont have to be raped by just any tribe. Then homesteaders of certain dietys would flock toward tribes of there diety. This would cause a more balanced system than the free for all system we have now where its every tribe and homesteader for them selves. example if 7 tribes and 20 homesteaders are close to your tribe and for some odd reason every one of them tribes and homesteaders just hates your or a member in your tribe then you have all them all time destroying and makeing your game exp to point you quit!

I know thats what gets alot of pvpers off is the fact they won there fight in every way even to the point that person quit. what happens when this becomes a epedimic and it always does you lose so many players the gankers are left with no one to fight to point they stop logging on and go to next mmo fighing game and the game dies.

Dietys where you choose rounds this off more and balances it in a better way. No more my tribe members aint logged in what and how do i defend our tribe? No worries when you have other tribes and homesteaders under that diety you use the diety chat window to ask for help. Let the fun begin.

This would also help the solo players who are here just to pve if moving in to an area of a populated diety they can move safer in the area with out being ganked by a neighbor or 20 people in the area just because they are in the area.

There is options to fix pve and pvp players to co exsist in a game where fun isnt takken from either side and ways of balancing lack of tribe members being online.
    You just have to think about all players and not one side this like im always seeing. To many of you players are pvp all the way thats good but you can't always look at the mmo as what you say goes and rest can get S___ed.

This is a suggestion I will throw up here looking at this from all sides hard core Pvp an Pve player the medium core Pvp an Pve player and the low core Pvp an Pve player.
    This is something i thought of to balance the system. If you want to know my opinion on just my side of things it would be the following....

Seperate pvp and pve server's so pve players dont have to deal with pvp players and can just craft kill animals talk and have fun while the pvpers can go cut each others throats all day long. But like i said above my opinion we need to look at this on all perspectives not just our own and I'm seeing this way to much on these fourms.

Food for thought.

My thoughts from another thread and I truely see this system working very well (and it won't have tribes retreating to the home base)

Relating to Xsyon...here are my thoughts, again, on how to make this work in regards to the warfare system (which is the true meaning behind everything else, for most of the players I'm pretty sure...it's the thrill of the competition)

Allow each tribe for one Safe Haven totem and that is it. Safe Haven Land goes like this: anyone can damage/destroy buildings, loot baskets, destroy or gather resources and everyone can damage and attack...... but ability to terraform and build structures (plant trees, agriculture, etc) remains the sole right of the totem owners or tribe. As well as control over the totem itself. So enemies can "raid and pillage" your Home Totem so to speak, but cannot take control over it or your land.

Then make it so there is certain parts of the map where Safe Haven totems cannot be placed. Only expansion totems can be placed there or if a tribe so chooses it's first totem to be placed in the non Safe Totem lands, they must accept the consequences of potentially losing everything including the rights to terraforming the land and control over the totem. All that would remain from tribes doing this AND being conquered without any other totem...would be the tribe members items they currently had equipped and their stats they have leveled. They would then have to find a new home or disband or quit or whatever they want to do.

But I've said it many times, there must always be one safe haven area that one can always depend on, if they so choose to go that route. You have to accommodate that % of the player base. My thoughts have been very clear on this. My ideal vision of tribal warfare is that anything goes (including land capture) for NON Safe Haven (or expansion) totems and anything goes (which includes, damaging/destroying buildings, looting baskets, destroying resources, usable resources by all AND OF COURSE, everyone can damage everyone) EXCEPT for land capture for the Safe Haven Totems.

And I've also been clear on using the area the rollback the mist as the land capture able area where no one can place Safe Haven Totems.

I just don't see a better system when it comes to accommodating both types of players. Those who do want to own the world so to speak, can do so in the Non Safe Haven land. Hell why am I beating around the bush, it would work like EVE's low security space which can be captured and high security space which can't be captured. Except unlike that system, the high security space in Xsyon would be the Safe Haven Totem area, not the NPC area.

Thats basically the same thing I said in another thread NorCal, and I pretty much agree with you.

However this whole idea only works if USEFULL rare resources are added into the misted lands that are worth fighting over. The upcoming farming changes might be a step in the right direction but I dont think it alone will be enough. I think like the farming, harvesting these new rare resources out in the misted lands should require a contested totem. This way players are forced to trade for the resources or defend their land to harvest them...no running out grabbing a pack worth and heading home where you are safe.

non warring tribe = safe zone as it is

warring tribe = no safe zone

whats wrong with that system that has already been mentioned ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsarugii View Post

Because it's nowhere near defined enough.

Improvement on my suggestion but I'll make it quick.

Non warring tribe =

1) Can't attack other tribes, capture war totems, or place war totems

2) Can't be attacked or looted on home land (completely safe land and totem control)

Warring tribe =

1) Can place war totems and capture war totems

2) When tribe switches to warring, safety zone of the Home totem is removed. The only thing that remains safe is access to tribal member only functions and the totem (meaning it can't be captured).

3) When the tribe switches to warring, they also get access to a warring totem. This totem comes with zero safety capabilities (meaning it can also be captured) and can only be placed in warring totem land (whatever you decide to name that area)

This way when a tribe is at war, they have no safe zone to put there resources in. However, adding full totem capture of the HOME TOTEM will NEVER be a good idea. Even for warring tribes.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    Because it's nowhere near defined enough.
    Why is it not defined enough ? What other informations would you like apart of the ones they already gave ?

There should be a simple yet effective method.

Large tribes are tired of little homesteads being placed all over the land with resources. And logging out never to return.

Small tribes have it to easy, they just place there totem on resources and no one can bother them, there set.

Tribes should be able to declare war on other tribes. That tribe will then recieve a notification and have a certain amount of time to prepare, say 36 hours. After that time one tribe can attack the other. Based on the number of players online there can be a handicapp given.

Obviously 20 people will run all over a lillt homestead of 1-2 people. And thats the way it should be. That homestead can fight or take its belongings and move.

This will give large tribes the resourcea they need.
    It will also make it more thrilling for homesteads they have to live in the mountains, this will make it more difficult for them, also smaller tribes can fight with one another.

As is the safe zones are too much. Its a sandbox at least some fair balance would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsarugii View Post

Because once rare resources come into place, tribes will be able to drop a safe totem on it, or near it.

Also people can drop safe areas anywhere using the system you talking about causing all kinds of grief. Like killing anyone that is outside an area near your area. Totem areas are not all that large, so you have issues with getting ganked and killed by a neighbor that cant be moved or displaced.
    If you are a tribe that is growing you cant grow past your boarder if I drop a safe area near it when you were much smaller. So that safe area will stay there forever.

Tribes can use safe areas to launch attacks from and mass stock pile resources/weapons/armor for the fight without the defending tribe able to stop them. Not good options.

Like Ive said a few times already.
    Safe areas are great and needed. But they should be limited in resources and where they can be (Dev placed only). I would say the starting areas should be safe areas. This allow new players to build up and get used to the game. Also allow for trading tribes to have a central office to do safe trades out of it. It will also allow players/tribes that dont want to deal with being attacked ganked/griefed etc a place to build up and live in an active safe area.
    Let the outer tribes (not safe areas) to contest over resources, tribal lands, and make trading outposts that are at risk.
    I really dont see why you wouldnt have it like this, I dont see the downside to it. It helps econ, gives PVEers what they need, gives PVPer what they need and its all great.

As new lands open up, I can see maybe other starting areas which are limited by the devs be safe areas also. Where far away outposts for trade. If the devs did a little preplanning before making something a starting area they could even but the high value resources far away from these new starting areas too.

Im also told that maybe tribes can make their towns starting areas, well like other games they should say which towns are in the safe starting areas and which ones are in OPEN PVP areas. To give players a heads up.

There should be a simple yet effective method.

Large tribes are tired of little homesteads being placed all over the land with resources. And logging out never to return.

Small tribes have it to easy, they just place there totem on resources and no one can bother them, there set.

Tribes should be able to declare war on other tribes. That tribe will then recieve a notification and have a certain amount of time to prepare, say 36 hours. After that time one tribe can attack the other. Based on the number of players online there can be a handicapp given.

Obviously 20 people will run all over a lillt homestead of 1-2 people. And thats the way it should be. That homestead can fight or take its belongings and move.

This will give large tribes the resourcea they need.
    It will also make it more thrilling for homesteads they have to live in the mountains, this will make it more difficult for them, also smaller tribes can fight with one another.

As is the safe zones are too much. Its a sandbox at least some fair balance would be nice.