Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

War, taking towns & forts

Hi guys, i would like to give you my idea about taking a city and/fort:

first of all, to respect the sandbox gaming, there CANNOT be a safe zone, no battle instances and no pre-schedule attack where you have to give a time of attack to let the other tribe gather their soldiers. (has seen on some games).

The only protection would be inside the walls (and to not discourage newcomers, they could have a 24 hrs invulnerability to get to know ''peacefully'' the game or searching for protection. This invulnerability would end before the 24 hrs if they attack someone or even an NPC).

Now, to not have a huge disappointment in logging in and seeing that over the night your fort was taking, thats where all the problem is. When you are not logged in, your toon cannot act for you to defend, so why not give each player a ''sentry'' that he is placing strategically in the fort, and when you log, a sentry or city guard takes the place of the objet i called here as the ''sentry''. It could be like a small wooden sentry statuette that ''comes alive'' when you log. Now those city guards would have to be stronger in my opinion then your character, just to justify that if your city was taken in your absence, then it would've been surely taken even if you were there. The city guards would battle only inside the walls, but covering it all.

If its not possible or the idea not so good, theres an option to this: When you are a tribe with ''X'' amount of members, you can hire up to ''X'' amount of city guards, you can choose between classes (archers, fighters, etc), choose between different quality of city guards (naturally at a diff. price) and place them where you want, maybe even give them some easy orders such as making a round patrol, stay put, etc. and they are effective day and night. I would make it very difficult to take down those guards, towns are precious for a stable economy, thieves and warmongers should represent a minority of the players, not the majority like Mortal Online (thats what deceiving many players of MO). And thats what i think would make the success of Xsyon.

cya guys later
    Yz

OK, let say your tribe got 5 members and mine got 50. I will be able to kill your guards really quick, and when you comeback, you wouldnt find a thing
    Its a nice idea, but needs lots of thinking on that

My suggestion would be, implement a defense mechanism for online/offline tribe members.
    Let say a tribe have 1 member.
    Offline defense system is 10,000% for all objects on tribe territory.

Let say a tribe have 2 members now.
    Offline defense system is 10,000% - 150% for each member offline.

So, if tribe got total 10 members, and 5 are offline, then
    the offline defense system is 10,000% - (10*150% = 1,500%) = 8,500%

If a tribe member is online, then the offline defense system is
    10,000% - 300% for each member online.

Thats would create a balance between players online and offline for tribe territory.

Let say if a single brick wall got a 2,100 hit points, then its offline defense for a one person tribe is 2,100 * 10,000% = 21,100 hit points.

For a one person with a good weapon you can inflict around 300 hit points per minute.
    So how long will one person (A) destroy that wall when the character (B) is offline??

I really like this idea and think that in any open world MMO my character should stay logged in.

And Joexxxxz, if you had 50 and we had 5 and we were all online you would still take the totem, having us guarding our totem while offline just makes it more difficult for you, which I like.

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    OK, let say your tribe got 5 members and mine got 50. I will be able to kill your guards really quick, and when you comeback, you wouldnt find a thing

My suggestion would be, implement a defense mechanism for online/offline tribe members.

Thats would create a balance between players online and offline for tribe territory.

Let say if a single brick wall got a 2,100 hit points, then its offline defense for a one person tribe is 2,100 * 10,000% = 21,100 hit points.

For a one person with a good weapon you can inflict around 300 hit points per minute.
    So how long will one person (A) destroy that wall when the character (B) is offline??
    Good point, the only thing is that you are putting a defense system for the objects of the tribe, its a nice idea, but you need some sort of a retaliation cause otherwise some tribes will attack an bash all night the objects without any retaliation. I would keep your idea and mix it with mine by adding some city guards with tough neck! The point is that its normal for a tribe of 50 dudes to take a tribe of 5, but lets give them some challenge for that. All in all, we dont want 15-20 guys able to trash those little and starting tribe, im i right?

And you could add to that the political system: When a tribe attacks another without declaring war officially 24 hours before, there could be some political sanctions (higher trade rates, etc.) If the tribe is bashing small ones in a pre-determined ratio, lets say over 20 for 1, sanctions could be added too...anyway im just throwing this out without thinking about it seriously, so give me your thoughts, i see all together we can have real nice ideas.

cya
    Yz

So according to this, if I buy 10 accounts and pay for them. I can have a damn great offline defense system even with all my tribe is online?
    Great so now its who has the most accounts wins.

Nawh dont like this system at all.

Punish large tribes for attacking small ones in another way. Make people want to be allies but make them pay for it in game too with resources to promote getting rid of dead way and causing strife in large alliances that form for no reason but to zerg.

Aye dont forget the people that join and then quit the game, i can have a massivly awsome defense system by recruiting enough new players that eventually they quit and i dont have to worry about defending anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    So according to this, if I buy 10 accounts and pay for them. I can have a damn great offline defense system even with all my tribe is online?
    Great so now its who has the most accounts wins....
    Lol I never sad that. The more players in your base, the less offline defense you got.

I said minus here not plus lol

Lol I never sad that. The more players in your base, the less offline defense you got.

Sorry I missuderstood.

Well same problem.

Tribe A vs Tribe C.

Tribe A has 30 people attacking Tribe C at 30 people.

Best thing for Tribe C to do is make Tribe D with 19 members and leave 1 member in Tribe C.
    Now Tribe D defends Tribe C's area at 10k% - 300% instead of 10k% - 6000%

So even big clans can act like little ones, and get past the offline issue.

Sorta of a good idea, but still not right. I agree you can do something like this but still the key comes in rewarding people to be allies, but also punishing them with some type of resource used or something.

Sorry I missuderstood.

Well same problem.

Tribe A vs Tribe C.

Best thing for Tribe C to do is make Tribe D with 19 members and leave 1 member in Tribe C.

Sorta of a good idea, but still not right. I agree you can do something like this but still the key comes in rewarding people to be allies, but also punishing them with some type of resource used or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Sorry I missuderstood.

Well same problem.

Tribe A vs Tribe C.

And what you think about one offline dude=one city guard?