Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: patch today?

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    It's impossible for an opinion to be wrong or right. Come on now it's not even logical to say that.

Maybe it's wrong in comparison to your opinion. But your opinion is probably wrong in comparison to mine. If you have ever coded before you know a handful of devs can't make major changes once per week.

Why do people continue to be so naive? It's the same thing if Blizzard was to release WoW in development stage...people would be QQing all over the place for updates.

But in Xsyon, that is part of the plan. The community feedback helps development quality and every game ends up with more quality if the devs listen to the feedback.

Think of it this way. He hasn't even done advertising for the game. Reputation isn't ruined because the game doesn't have a reputation yet. Maybe a tiny word of mouth reputation that doesn't matter once advertising starts.

You'd be a fool to think that if the close to 7 billion people on this earth ALL knew that Xsyon EXISTED, there wouldn't be 100s of thousands lining up to play the game EVEN RIGHT NOW WITH VERY LITTLE TO DO.

That's how good the game is. Many people who have been dying for a game like this just don't know about it..yet. They are trying to add some longetivity to the game before advertising though...so people don't just start playing and then quit when they realize it's just a crafter/building sim with meaningless FFA loot (ATM its meaningless)
    Excellent Post NorCal...and perhaps my attitude (and wrong opinion) are based on my limited experience, but at this point...this game, even after just a few days, has pretty much killed my desire to play anything else on the market at the moment. It is THAT good...even right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Excellent Post NorCal...and perhaps my attitude (and wrong opinion) are based on my limited experience, but at this point...this game, even after just a few days, has pretty much killed my desire to play anything else on the market at the moment. It is THAT good...even right now.
    I read read and read again and still not sure if your meaning is good or bad lol (maybe I've been in china too long and lost grip on sarcasm)

Quote Originally Posted by dezgard View Post
    I read read and read again and still not sure if your meaning is good or bad lol (maybe I've been in china too long and lost grip on sarcasm)
    It's all positive. After logging off Xsyon last night I went to hang out with a friend. He was playing Rift and after watching him for 20 minutes or so, I realized that it would take one hell of a game to draw me back into doing quest/gear grinds with no freedom involved...

Now, back to building my home and exploring!

Guess you haven't played Minecraft, then.

GOOD? No, it isn't. Tell me what is good about it. Seriously.

Added after 26 minutes:

Think of it this way. He hasn't even done advertising for the game. Reputation isn't ruined because the game doesn't have a reputation yet. Maybe a tiny word of mouth reputation that doesn't matter once advertising starts.
    If you think that Xsyon doesn't have a bad rep, you don't understand how the internet works.

You'd be a fool to think that if the close to 7 billion people on this earth ALL knew that Xsyon EXISTED, there wouldn't be 100s of thousands lining up to play the game EVEN RIGHT NOW WITH VERY LITTLE TO DO.
    They wouldn't be lining up to PAY for it.
    That's how good the game is. Many people who have been dying for a game like this just don't know about it..yet. They are trying to add some longetivity to the game before advertising though...so people don't just start playing and then quit when they realize it's just a crafter/building sim with meaningless FFA loot (ATM its meaningless)
    No one is dying for a game like this. We are dying for a game like this was SUPPOSED TO BE.

No one is dying for a game with most of its features either turned off or not working, and I asure you - no one is dying to pay for it.

As for the lack of advertising? Well, there are laws in some countries against advertising something which does not work.

I'm more than a little amused that people are expecting this small group of developers to knock out enough work to drop a patch every Wednesday. Developer Teams with hundreds of employees often go months without a patch...why is it different here? (other than people are understandably a bit impatient at the moment)

*Nothing* wrong with asking about a patch on Wednesday, but no need to get so worked up over it (imho).

I'm not getting "Worked up" about it...was just saying....they could have saved themselves the expectation from players that they would patch then. I'm actually off enjoying Project Entropia again, now that I have a rig that can run it since the cry engine was implemented.

If you have ever coded before you know a handful of devs can't make major changes once per week.
    i have coded before, and i would agree that "major" changes probably aren't going to happen once per week. that doesn't mean there couldn't be meaningful incremental patches added to close bugs. my suggestion for the dev team would be to stage the wednesday patches even if the patch is small and only fixes relatively minor issues. this only helps to develop strong release cycles, and i think it would build confidence among the player base about the forward momentum of the dev team. if it is the case that all the developers are working on major changes then that would explain the long cycles between patches, and it would be interesting to know. given the state of the game client and the numerous smaller issues i would think that there would be great value to releasing regular(read wednesday) patches even if they aren't the major changes we are all expecting.