Thread: ROFL

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ROFL

Cancelled my account early this week and, after seeing that update message, I'm damn glad I did...

This is from last week:
    April 29 2011

Hello Xsyon citizens!

The launcher and a the next client and server update are ready, however we're going to continue testing throughout the weekend and hold off on patching this out until I've arrived in Moscow.
    This is from Today:
    We are still testing and making some changes to our current build before we patch out the improved launcher and next update.
    I understand a small development team...I understand there are some challenges, but playing that card is getting old, especially with AAA Subscription prices starting up...
    Keeping my active accounts (and my support) around would have been as simple as delaying charging subscriptions until your first major content patch (and at least SOME of what's been promised is in)...If the company, at this point, needs the money THAT badly, then it's in bigger trouble than I thought...
    Hell, whether or not you like FFXIV, at least Square-Enix understands that their product isn't worth $15.00 a month yet (or, even better, they know they're keeping an active and interested playerbase by not charging them for it until it's ready)
    Perhaps I should be understanding and accept that they found something wrong with the ready to go launcher and client over the weekend...but I'm just too frustrated to keep hanging around waiting for something solid to happen.

Best of luck to those waiting around for the miracle patch(s)

2. 05-04-2011, 02:19 PM

Ya i hear you, this game is a joke if thats what you want to call it, "game".
    It was over amonth ago they said they were going to start implementing game features and were going to stop working on fixes because it is stable. This dev team is just one lie after another, and like you said if they wernt charging it would be somewhat acceptable, but they are. I'm just gonna flush 15$ down the toilet every month it will be more enjoyable, than this "game" or whatever you want to call it.

They have been working on fixes.

They have been working on the patcher mainly. Removing causes of time outs, reducing packet sizes etc etc.

They have also been reworking tools tips and decay.

Myself and a few others Have been testing both of these features. We had found a few bugs in the the tool tips that they have to sort out.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    They have been working on fixes.

They have been working on the patcher mainly. Removing causes of time outs, reducing packet sizes etc etc.

They have also been reworking tools tips and decay.

Myself and a few others Have been testing both of these features. We had found a few bugs in the the tool tips that they have to sort out.

I think you missed the joke.

Xsyon says its ready. But then goes right on to say its not. =P

I was addressing Laurik's concerns.