Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen

Energy depletion, forced to stop change to slow?

I appreciate the realism when your forced to stop because your energy is depleted but is it necessary? this is a game after all and and being forced to stop is not really an enjoyable experience, Xsyon is a big enough time sink with out having to stop and rest just to move.

Has replacing the forced stop with slowing down movement to a slow walk been asked for/mentioned? Is it a possibility? I don't see the need for the forced rest.. going at a slow walk would accomplish the same thing.

Anyway just a suggestion.. well tweak in my opinion.

Who agrees? disagrees?

BakLayda

I agree with the dev, and disagree with you.
    You dont have to rest all that much, and there is a reason for it. Major balancing issues and to keep you active on how to play better. There are many ways to slow down energy depletion, and in some cases even prevent it.

Every skill in the game higher you get, slower your energy goes down. Also eating food, and drink. Not being over weight, etc.

Its a great system and once combat is fixed up it will even be more important and needed.

Xsyon Citizen
    I am only referring to movement everything else should stop when your energy is depleted, forcing movement to stop I don't believe is the best (or fun) solution to having no energy.
    But its an opinion and I am new, maybe when my running skill increase to a certain level it will all make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I agree with the dev, and disagree with you.
    You dont have to rest all that much, and there is a reason for it. Major balancing issues and to keep you active on how to play better. There are many ways to slow down energy depletion, and in some cases even prevent it.

Every skill in the game higher you get, slower your energy goes down. Also eating food, and drink. Not being over weight, etc.

Its a great system and once combat is fixed up it will even be more important and needed.
    100 % AGREE.

Quote Originally Posted by tjSwell View Post
    I am only referring to movement everything else should stop when your energy is depleted, forcing movement to stop I don't believe is the best (or fun) solution to having no energy.
    But its an opinion and I am new, maybe when my running skill increase to a certain level it will all make sense.
    Well what about sprinting?

Also if you are not weighted down, and you are fed well, not thirsty, I can "run" almost non stop.
    So if thats your only problem you can overcome that pretty easy. Even without much training.

I appreciate the realism when your forced to stop because your energy is depleted but is it necessary? this is a game after all and and being forced to stop is not really an enjoyable experience, Xsyon is a big enough time sink with out having to stop and rest just to move.

Has replacing the forced stop with slowing down movement to a slow walk been asked for/mentioned? Is it a possibility? I don't see the need for the forced rest.. going at a slow walk would accomplish the same thing.

Who agrees? disagrees?

BakLayda
    i highly disagree. I assume your actions skills must be somewhat low but once you get them up (running swimming jumping ect) youll get the idea behind it and find it too generous in some fields ...but thats a totaly different topic.keep your char well fed and in fluid , and the less you gotta stop as a starter

Whats that old saying? "It's our struggles that define us" Don't get me wrong, I don't think everyone wants every little thing to be a struggle. But IMO stuff like running, swimming, jumping, and what ever I'm forgetting here. Should take time to over come. After all in a lifetime of a toon, Maxing things like this will not take that long. And when we are taking our baby steps, We have to rest more. I think it makes it that much more sweeter when we max that skill out.

Quote Originally Posted by aliksteel View Post
    Whats that old saying? "It's our struggles that define us" Don't get me wrong, I don't think everyone wants every little thing to be a struggle. But IMO stuff like running, swimming, jumping, and what ever I'm forgetting here. Should take time to over come. After all in a lifetime of a toon, Maxing things like this will not take that long. And when we are taking our baby steps, We have to rest more. I think it makes it that much more sweeter when we max that skill out.
    I agree with you to a point, but my problem is that there is no reason to EVER walk.
    Sprinting is the most cost effective way to get around, then running if you dont want to stop as much. There is never a reason to walk.

Since you are running 100% of the time (when you are not sprinting/swimming/jumping) its really a pointless skill to train. Either make walk useful (like you regen much faster or something) or remove running.

I agree with you to a point, but my problem is that there is no reason to EVER walk.
    Sprinting is the most cost effective way to get around, then running if you dont want to stop as much. There is never a reason to walk.

Since you are running 100% of the time (when you are not sprinting/swimming/jumping) its really a pointless skill to train. Either make walk useful (like you regen much faster or something) or remove running.
    Your right, I have never played a game that did the walk/run right. Unless you are RPing, Why would you ever walk, Other than when terraforming(At lest thats what I use walk for). But I do think it should stay a skill, Just with more pro's and con's for when running.

Who agrees? disagrees?

BakLayda
    Being forced to stop is one of the greatest systems I've ever seemed implemented. It's not like it happens that often. Maybe once every 5-10 minutes if you terraform non stop. Take this 60 second break to do some crunches, you fatty.

But in all seriousness, use the 60 seconds to do something else. It's a great mini break from the game

There is no walk SKILL???? What are you talking about here?

Walking is effective for being able to land exactly on the number 481.82 or whatever you want. I use it for terraforming and wall walking (start from top of wall, put on walk, and move down the wall slowly)