Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sorry I ever asked for a patch......

I'm not entirely sure what animals, animal ai and mouseovers have to do with terrain. But our base was entirely level before the patch the entire base was leveled to 500.2. Our players spent an enormous amount of man hours doing this.
    This was all chucked out the window why?

We would like to know if there is a plan to fix this and return the terrain to it's original levels prior to the patch.

Bump for wang here. I made a post in the bugs section for my tribal land being fk'ed up the arse as well....all my perfectly level land became chunky and full of water holes. Also log walls are tall as heck now, and rough branch barricades shrunk with the patch -_-

Sometimes unexpected things happen.

We are looking into this now.

Quote Originally Posted by jeru View Post
    Bump for wang here. I made a post in the bugs section for my tribal land being fk'ed up the arse as well....all my perfectly level land became chunky and full of water holes. Also log walls are tall as heck now, and rough branch barricades shrunk with the patch -_- have no idea why they would have these things happen without mentioning them in the patch notes
    If they leave this as is our base which I won't even list the time people put into it will require all walls to be ripped down (roughly 100 lime walls 50 corner posts and 20 or so log type walls) I guess maybe 400 baskets to be moved most of which will require 50 clicks per to xfer the items into another basket. oh yeah and a moderately large tribal land all needing to be leveled all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by dezgard View Post
    Sometimes unexpected things happen.

We are looking into this now.
    It's not to late to roll back.

Now I really fear logging in...

If you don't fix this it's probably game over for you guys if peoples tribe lands are really this messed up...I have yet to see ours so maybe it's not so bad. As long as it's fixable you will be fine

I had a feeling it'd be possible to miss a few objects when compressing all this data.

Added after 11 minutes:

Nothing wrong with our tribe lands...except how tall the wood walls are

6. 05-06-2011, 06:15 AM

7. 05-06-2011, 07:02 AM

8. 05-06-2011, 07:18 AM

9. 05-06-2011, 07:20 AM

Thanks for the update Dezgard. Relieved that this issue is not intentionally part of the patch

11. 05-06-2011, 07:30 AM

12. 05-06-2011, 08:12 AM

13. 05-06-2011, 08:22 AM

Back on the topic....

I seem to be having a terraforming problem myself. Tiles in my area that could be terraformed before the patch seems to have gone stuck and wont be changed. I did also notice that the level ground i had made has somehow changed hight (It hasnt gone uneven though but I did not have a lot of it yet.

Edit: I think it has to do with my totem, it kinda seems like the unchangable ground around has shifted.

Everything is good for me. Except being snow blind. Even got a bear today, although he was acting a bit crazy. (running circles in and out of the water like he wanted to come kill me, but he was afraid of getting wet).

Also, lower terrain seems to sometimes add terrain rather than lower it.

I have a wall a built around some of my homestead, that you are able to walk on. I had kind of leveld it but not made it perfect. The patch actually made most of the wall more level then it was before. But there are like 1 or 2 spots where it lowered it down some, maybe to make up for the leveling.

The rough branch baracades are smaller. I am going to assume they are now probably more centered. What i mean by this is the center of the rough branch barracade was not in the middle. (i have not actually checked to see of the center is now in the middle)