Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Quality Testing

TY unclean666.

Azhul_NS we are not sure yet :-)

Edit: MrDDT posted here... http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...81-Log-quality ... that the quality level of the axe did not seem to effect the resulting quality of the logs. I made that thread before I thought it would be a good idea to put all quality tests in one central thread. As for damage since we can not see exact combat numbers the difference in damage between different qualities of the same weapon would have to be pretty significant to be able to eyeball it and tell.

oh and if you look at all the forage tools there all made of grass rocks branches ect.

3. Quality levels do have an effect, as they are transferred from the material to a crafted object. Quality tools affect the quality of armor and weapons, which will play an important part in the revised combat system we will start working on this week.

^^^From the latest official update.

Quote Originally Posted by unclean666 View Post
    I would say foraging skill goes with Branches grass and rock.My main is 52 forage and can gather moderate and high mostly with a few very high but not many.So it seems to be right in the middle from poor
    to master and that seems right as im 52.Now my alt is 5 forage and can only find poor rock grass and branches.

I ruled scav out because my main is 100 and alt is 46 so that has no effect.Fishing logging there both pretty low so ruled those out.Hunting both about 30ish on each.

so take it as that im pretty sure forage is how Q works for those resource.

Edit; and i noticed my low forage alt is slower at gathering branches and grass then my main.
    I don't know, maybe it's part of the bug, but my lvl 62 forager can gather high quality sand and high quality stone. However, both start moderate, then as the stack grows reach high, then stay at high in a stack size of 10. When I gather branches, I can only gather 4 at a time, and they are moderate quality and stay that way.

Ya, when I was using those axes, I didnt test them like 10 times each, only once or twice each, and I didnt check every log to make sure they were all of the same QL or what the avg QL was of each log.

I can do more tests here in a bit.

Great topic btw, good job on getting this started. I would love to see a more detailed list of stuff as time goes on.

Further testing does reveal that the quality of materials does affect the quality of crafted items. This is easier to see with one mat recipes.

Original test was making twine from grass I had foraged (99 forage, 30 basketry)
    -- very high quality grass --> medium quality thread --> medium quality string --> low quality twine
    2nd test was with some grass found at an abandoned homestead
    -- low quality grass --> low quality thread --> low quality string --> low quality twine
    3rd test was with string made by a master basketeer
    -- very high quality string --> medium quality twine

Keep in mind that the quality we see represents a range of numbers, so the initial low quality twine may have been a point or so below medium quality, while the 2nd may have been at the low end of low quality.

I have made medium quality wood handles from low quality blocks, so the crafted item can be higher quality than the mats.

Ravelli

Hey, not sure if this should be in a new thread but its kind of about quality. In the new update it mentions merging stacks.

If you stack a moderate quality item and a high quality item, do these 2 items keep their own stats? So if I unstack them later will i have 1 moderate quality and 1 high quality.(the update is not real clear on how it is working, cache tool tip sounds like maybe it is keeping track of each piece though)

From the update thread:
    "4. Some players have reported quality of items not stacking correctly. What you are seeing is an effect of the tool tip information being cached. If you merge a stack of objects it currently takes about a 30 seconds to refresh the information so that you see the correct quality value of the merged stack. This will be fixed for the next update to avoid further confusion."
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-Xsyon-Updates

Item quality does matter esp. if you've only just crossed a skill threshold i.e.

Toolcrafting lvl 50 making a scrap lasher with high or very high plastic always results in a moderate scrap lasher using a moderate knife.
    Lvl 51 making the same results in a moderate scrap lasher when using high plastic but a high lasher when using very high plastic most of the time. Some very high seem to be borderline and still result in a moderate quality lasher as each quality level will be a numerical range.

So it seems that when you've only just crossed the moderate to high skill line, the item quality matters more. Once you're past it by a considerable margin it sems to not matter as much which makes sense because by then the skill is high enough to always produce high quality although there will be a point where moderate plastic would pull it down to moderate quality too. As you get close to the skill threshold for very high, the same will probably hold true. I imagine low quality items would drag it down by a similar amount as they are probably just applying some weighting to a calculation. I can't test it as I cannot gather below high quality.

I also get master quality items from scavenging too so very high is not the highest.

Might be some rng involved somewhere. I got some high quality grass thread, but mostly moderate, and a high quality tool out of a moderate batch, using the same quality materials and the same tools as the rest.

If I upgrade to a high knife then high plastic also yields a high lasher so the quality of the tool helps too.