Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    i also like whoever mentioned that it can be used to see if you truly killed someone or not :P

I think they should add a "looted from" hehe
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    i also like whoever mentioned that it can be used to see if you truly killed someone or not :P

I think they should add a "looted from" hehe

Not a huge fan of this only because of how it can be exploited and remove the crafters name.

I kill you, loot all your stuff. Now it says looted by, or from.
    But then I get a friend to kill me and he loots it, and now it say looted from me.

Not a good idea.

I like better to just see who crafted it like most other games and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Not a huge fan of this only because of how it can be exploited and remove the crafters name.

I kill you, loot all your stuff. Now it says looted by, or from.
    But then I get a friend to kill me and he loots it, and now it say looted from me.

Not a good idea.

I like better to just see who crafted it like most other games and be done with it.
    I never said to remove who it was crafted by, although I agree that would ruin the idea.

Sexy Pink Dress "Crafted by Xyberviri" "looted from MrDDT"

Problem solved. The tooltips are too small as it is and could use a bit more info.

I really would have liked a Shift+right click to bring up the details instead of it loading on tool tips. or a details panel in the inventory windows to see the stats, i dont like the way the information is presented.

I think there should be an "owned by" on items such as baskets
    and this should be able to be seen in a mouse-over of a placed basket

Quote Originally Posted by darkbladed View Post
    another good suggestion keep em comin people

Best tool tip ever has to be done certain way example if you ever played eq 1 and used mq2 you would know the perfect tool tip. those of you who have know what im talking about it gives all item stats small description and a compare window as well

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    I really would have liked a Shift+right click to bring up the details instead of it loading on tool tips. or a details panel in the inventory windows to see the stats, i dont like the way the information is presented.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkbladed View Post
    Great ideas. I like them both.

So you are ok with us not having a compass or a map but tooltip "found by" stays? So when I scavange I engrave my name on anything I find? Why not add another level of "reality" and introduce more information like:

"Crafted by" + "dropped by" + "found by" + "looted by" + "bought by" + "looted by" + "dropped by" + "found by" + ....

You see where I'm getting at?

As for crafted items I would like to have a crafters signature on each item but this whole "found by" thing is too much. Yes it does burden the game with more DB information then needed and yes it's a source of possible data related problems and yes it looks ugly right now.

I see people who cry "no safe zones!" all the time like tooltips a lot. Will you make up your mind, do you want a reality sim or do you want a game? Having contradictory stance to different issues can not fly.