Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re:Terrain disappears

If you log out and log back in to the same area, is the terrain still missing?

Our updated terrain renderer is a new system, so we'll see if this happens still when the new system is ready.

It usually is yeah. But it also seems like if I stay logged off for a while it'll be better when I log back it which makes me fear it could be a thermal glitch. But then again other people besides myself have seen it.

In any case I can put up with it for now until the new terrain system is released.

If it's a memory or thermal issue it should be fixed with the next terrain update. We'll see. It shouldn't take too much longer.

I experienced same as shown on your pictures today.

regards

Nitesky01 wrote:
    Screenies sent into bug email address. Pic's as follows for anyone else to see. (using photo bucket links, so I dont murder this page with large pics)

Transparent Terrain 1

Transparent Terrain 2

It happened with me when relogging.

Terrain still missing / screwed up in diffrent parts.

Xsyon wrote:
    If you log out and log back in to the same area, is the terrain still missing?

Our updated terrain renderer is a new system, so we'll see if this happens still when the new system is ready.

Player that had this issue before resolved it by updating (or sometimes rolling back) their video drivers.

However, since our new terrain renderer uses different shaders and functions, we can wait and see if these problems occur after it's ready rather than try to fix the old system.

I have very much the impression this is due to culling. It is as if the camera angle and aspect ratio have to do with it, that's why I think it's software related and thus a bug in the culling algorithm.