Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've been very pleased with the AI of Mule Deer I tracked down yesterday, he ran and ran and ran until he was trapped against a river, then he turned and charged. Well done.

Earlier I died due to the zone bug where the zone doesn't properly load and thus an invisible animal killed me, initially I thought it was just hidden but a guide informed me that it was the zone bug cause I was repeatedly trying to log a tree that wouldn't fell which is how they knew since it wasn't actually there.

My thought on the death was that the animal was bugged in that it didn't cast a shadow when hidden. Correct me if I'm wrong but hidden players still cast shadows. Yes/no? So I respawned at my totem and was doing a few things and I noticed a raccoon hide just feet away from me while I was drinking from a stream. One sec it was there the next gone. However careful to look this time I tried to find its shadow moving and there was none. The animal didn't warp away. It just vanished practically right next to me and there was no shadow.

I haven't bother to look yet if non-hidden animals cast shadows but if they do I believe that hidden ones are not and may be bugged in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    your basically saying "Something done went and broken but i'm not going to explain how its broken just that it is and needs to be fixed"

Versus:
    1) Animals seem to have issues with Server/Client Sync causing Warping.
    2) Animals are having issues with path finding and instead are clipping though structures/terrain
    3) Animals are still ignoring terrain physics and are able to climb up vertical surfaces.
    4) Small animals such as hamsters have smaller hit boxes and move to a position that is below the minimum allowed pitch in first person mode that makes them very hard/to/impossible to hit.
    You are right I was dead tired yesterday. Had no patience thats probably why I made this thread in the first place I'm usually not negative like this...but what you said I agree. They kind of shift back and forth from one direction to another. Yeah they definitely climb up walls and even through walls. 4 Limestone walls in a box can't keep a bear in they just walk right through the walls.