Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Animal AI still sucks

Sorry but it had to be said.

Why are bears warping 20 meters to attack me? Walking in place and then warping. This is like the PvP system.

There is definitely improvement but this is nowhere near as good as MOB AI as I've seen even 1 independent programmer create in Unity.

I mean just look at this POS game...created by just a few independent devs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSwsefC4KW8

You telling me your mob AI isn't as good as this games? Why does it suck so bad????

Sorry to be rude, but this kind of thing just seems really amateur.

Warping has nothing to do with AI. You mixed up facts there. It is the problem of syncing clients with server fast enough.

but its not just warping. that's just one of many problems with the AI. the only thing ive seen improve is that they breed now.

Then state your worries in detail. You just named warping and that is not part of AI.

You don't see how bad animal tracking is? They seem constantly confused as to where I'm at and have awful slow reactions. I don't have a high ping either or a poor fps

Well to be honest I think this can all be contributed to the same issue or "warping" or desync between clients and server. "Confused" means they are trying to attack you at a location that you were at few seconds ago and this is not AI issue.

AI meaning they can't even figure out there is a wall infront of them and to walk around the damn thing. things like that i really dont want to get into it because the devs know something's wrong i just don't know if they know how to fix it..yet

your basically saying "Something done went and broken but i'm not going to explain how its broken just that it is and needs to be fixed"

Versus:
    1) Animals seem to have issues with Server/Client Sync causing Warping.
    2) Animals are having issues with path finding and instead are clipping though structures/terrain
    3) Animals are still ignoring terrain physics and are able to climb up vertical surfaces.
    4) Small animals such as hamsters have smaller hit boxes and move to a position that is below the minimum allowed pitch in first person mode that makes them very hard/to/impossible to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    your basically saying "Something done went and broken but i'm not going to explain how its broken just that it is and needs to be fixed"

Versus:
    1) Animals seem to have issues with Server/Client Sync causing Warping.
    2) Animals are having issues with path finding and instead are clipping though structures/terrain
    3) Animals are still ignoring terrain physics and are able to climb up vertical surfaces.
    4) Small animals such as hamsters have smaller hit boxes and move to a position that is below the minimum allowed pitch in first person mode that makes them very hard/to/impossible to hit.
    Thank you I'll look into this.

I am sure this is not what you want to hear, but I have ONLY seen these issues with bears.

I am very pleased to see the groups of marmots and whatnot all over.. Helps me lvl hide.

And I am also please with the new deer AI, because they now are skiddish and run away .. JUST like a deer would really do.

Yes let's get bears fixed, but let's also keep a balanced perspective. Some things HAVE actually improved. To me, they have improved a lot.