Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Some critics

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    You are again arguing the wrong person. I replied to Perefim who would like to see implemented that 'most of us' like. The only way to get to know what most of us like is to ask it. Ask everyone, not a selected few. I'm not saying this should happen, but if they do want to know what the playerbase want that is the only way.
    I never stated implementing anything, I merely stating the fact when someone mentioned... "if it was... "done right"... there would be a 6 figure player base", that a mass of people is not necessarily a measure of success. We could also argue my point, but either way there are more to games then having 1 million users, like in many korean games are mainly 12 - 16 year old tards which haven't had enough life experience to identify their head from their ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    You are again arguing the wrong person. I replied to Perefim who would like to see implemented that 'most of us' like. The only way to get to know what most of us like is to ask it. Ask everyone, not a selected few. I'm not saying this should happen, but if they do want to know what the playerbase want that is the only way.
    Honestly...screw 'us'.

I want the devs to build the game they want to build, and tell us to like and stfu, or leave.

I want the devs to tell us what they're going to do, why they're going to do it, then get it done.

I want the devs to rely upon the players to give them feedback to determine if their intent is working as intended, or not.

Trees are supposed to grow back once per game year. Deal with it.
    Combat is always going to suck. Deal with it.
    Resources can be destroyed. Deal with it.
    Here is how territorial warfare will work. You're welcome to discuss it. But this is how its going to work. Deal.

See, i think a huge issue for a large portion of the player base (and yes we've been over this a ton already) is i read the game description, i read the faq, i read the dev posts, and my brain understands those things to mean X. Jadzia reads them and understands them to mean Q. Resulting frustration ensues as X<>Q and no one steps in to stop the madness.

the original game design is incredible. it has the ability to appeal to players across genres, and if done right, retain them for long periods of time. Build the game, engage the community, let the community help bring your vision to life...don't let the community determine your vision, because while we're well intentioned, we're nuts.

I like your posts, Dub

And I agree. It would be nice to see devs who made up their minds and stick to their decisions and communicate it clearly.

I'm not nuts. At least that's what the voices in my head tell me when I'm not drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    Honestly...screw 'us'.

I want the devs to build the game they want to build, and tell us to like and stfu, or leave.

I want the devs to tell us what they're going to do, why they're going to do it, then get it done.

I want the devs to rely upon the players to give them feedback to determine if their intent is working as intended, or not.

Here is how territorial warfare will work. You're welcome to discuss it. But this is how its going to work. Deal.

See, i think a huge issue for a large portion of the player base (and yes we've been over this a ton already) is i read the game description, i read the faq, i read the dev posts, and my brain understands those things to mean X. Jadzia reads them and understands them to mean Q. Resulting frustration ensues as X<>Q and no one steps in to stop the madness.

the original game design is incredible. it has the ability to appeal to players across genres, and if done right, retain them for long periods of time. Build the game, engage the community, let the community help bring your vision to life...don't let the community determine your vision, because while we're well intentioned, we're nuts.

I tried to say this, but I didnt say it this well.

Spot on again. FYI people Dubanka is not my alt account. Just wanted to clear that up now.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    FYI people Dubanka is not my alt account. Just wanted to clear that up now.
    Don't worry. By comparing your posts, styles and intentions no one would ever get to that thought.

I wish Dubanka was my alt account, it'd make me seem alot smarter.
    As always I agree with Dubanka, maybe I should just stop posting and just refer people to his posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    Honestly...screw 'us'.

Finally I understand and agree with what the man is saying. Check your chickens, they've just grown teeth.

When Jadzia mentioned the "aimed playerbase" earlier, I realized my frustration is largely from not being able to figure out who that actually is at the moment. No problem if it's X, but I'd rather know that before investing too much into a character only to have the proverbial rug pulled out from under me down the road. I think that's probably one of the things both X and Q have in common.