Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I got the cheif tent on my main toon after about lev 10-15 so something your reading isent right.Or i wasent reading this tread right im tired lol.

Quote Originally Posted by unclean666 View Post
    I got the cheif tent on my main toon after about lev 10-15 so something your reading isent right.Or i wasent reading this tread right im tired lol.
    The thread is:

If we train to 100, and a new recipe comes in the ONLY way to get new skill is through recipes found.
    But if you train to 90, and a new recipe comes in, you can grind to 95, and learn the skill without it being found.

Dont see why you would new stuff will be added all the time down the road you cant stay under 100 on everything just to get stuff that might be added later.

Plus there is still skill decay not sure if they still have it planed or in the works.

Im not to worried about what they might add you will get it somehow or at least tribe mates if your in one.

Quote Originally Posted by unclean666 View Post
    Dont see why you would new stuff will be added all the time down the road you cant stay under 100 on everything just to get stuff that might be added later.

Plus there is still skill decay not sure if they still have it planed or in the works.

Im not to worried about what they might add you will get it somehow or at least tribe mates if your in one.
    Well there is a patch coming out soon, so the OP was wondering if he should train up now to 100, or wait, or if this was a known bug, or planned etc.

It looks like its the plan, so its best IMO to wait to get to 100 (like maybe 95) til after the patch, then goto 100 after the new update.

Quote Originally Posted by dezgard View Post
    Why not skill up to 100? because you won't get any new recipes? why not leave if for a year so you can get all the recipes that will be added over time. :P

The thing is over the course of the game we will be adding more recipes to the game getting them on skill-up is mostly to help you get started IMO.

This system would work best IMO if all new recipes added to the game can ONLY be found.

Think about it for a second. Right now we have the basic skills to restart civilization. Now as the game and people progress not everyone is going to just all of a sudden know how to do new things. Kind of along the lines of what you said about basic and advanced skills MrDDT. Skill up learning will allow players to learn the "basic skills" which is what we currently have available in the game right now. As recipes are added to the game they are added to the scavenge tables and over time will be discovered and once implemented taught from player to player. Some/many should require 100 skill to be able to learn.

This creates some diversity between crafters and helps stimulate trade since not every crafter can make everything within that crafting tree. It also helps stimulate trade since these newer recipes would be a type of rare resource and much sought after. It would also not "penalize" players who take the time and effort to skill up now as opposed to waiting.

So ya I vote ALL new recipes added to the game from this point on should only be found and not able to be learned via skillup.

Edit: But just in case I'm gonna stop leveling my woodcraft, which is 94 atm, at 97 till we get some more feedback on this issue. :-)

Double Edit: Doesn't Eve do something like this with new ship blueprints? You dont suddenly just know them you have to research them or something?

Quote Originally Posted by ocoma View Post
    This system would work best IMO if all new recipes added to the game can ONLY be found.

Think about it for a second. Right now we have the basic skills to restart civilization. Now as the game and people progress not everyone is going to just all of a sudden know how to do new things. Kind of along the lines of what you said about basic and advanced skills MrDDT. Skill up learning will allow players to learn the "basic skills" which is what we currently have available in the game right now. As recipes are added to the game they are added to the scavenge tables and over time will be discovered and once implemented taught from player to player. Some/many should require 100 skill to be able to learn.

This creates some diversity between crafters and helps stimulate trade since not every crafter can make everything within that crafting tree. It also helps stimulate trade since these newer recipes would be a type of rare resource and much sought after. It would also not "penalize" players who take the time and effort to skill up now as opposed to waiting.

So ya I vote ALL new recipes added to the game from this point on should only be found and not able to be learned via skillup.

Edit: But just in case I'm gonna stop leveling my woodcraft, which is 94 atm, at 97 till we get some more feedback on this issue. :-)

Double Edit: Doesn't Eve do something like this with new ship blueprints? You dont suddenly just know them you have to research them or something?
    honestly hope the devs see this

ok i get what he was saying thanks MR.ddt.And i agree with that they should be found and very rare.I remember thinking back in beta that any new stuff in the game Man Kind should find it like buried and forgoten.Then bam someone digs it up.