Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Learning recipes past 100 skill?

I was getting ready for the patch (whenever that is to be announced) where architecture gates/doors will be introduced. I had purposely stopped raising my architecture (stopped at 70) because of this single fear factor...What if I were say 100 in Architecture. Not to be redundant, but for those of you not familiar with archi, you only learn recipes once you gain a skill point (and most of the time you don't learn anything and just gain the point). My point being if you are maxed at 100 architecture you could theoretically never learn the new gates/doors in this upcoming patch. I would like to know if anyone from NG can shed some light onto this issue. Will these new recipes be available via recipe book instead? (doubtful since there are no current architecture nor basketry basket/pouch recipes). Thanks, looking forward to these new structures

FEAR FACTOR!

no this was not a constructive post

I too would like a clear answer on this please Devs

The Devs have stated that a teaching system will be going into place in the future. Giving players the ability to pass on their recipes to others. They have also stated that new recipes will be given to a few high skilled players first and from them the knowledge will be passed on to others. This is from previous vision posts.

Question: If it's only related to skill points rather than practice, does that mean I would learn new recipes automatically by dumping leveling points into Architecture? I thought new recipes dropped depending on what path is set for your individual toon upon creation and what is used to grind...

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Question: If it's only related to skill points rather than practice, does that mean I would learn new recipes automatically by dumping leveling points into Architecture? I thought new recipes dropped depending on what path is set for your individual toon upon creation and what is used to grind...
    Hey Book I have tried this route. Putting points into architecture does NOT help you learn any new recipes....however, it does help unlock new tiers of recipes. For example Architecture - XsyonWiki lists every recipe in the game. If you are not at least the level of the recipe, you cannot possibly learn it. So a Chief Tent requires 50 architecture, and say someone with architecture of 25 would have to level up 25 times to even unlock that tier of recipe. Hope this explains why you should not put points into Architecture, as you possibly passed up a recipe you may never have a chance to learn (I still have yet to learn freaking Rough Branch Barricade.....)