Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Learning recipes past 100 skill?

I was getting ready for the patch (whenever that is to be announced) where architecture gates/doors will be introduced. I had purposely stopped raising my architecture (stopped at 70) because of this single fear factor...What if I were say 100 in Architecture. Not to be redundant, but for those of you not familiar with archi, you only learn recipes once you gain a skill point (and most of the time you don't learn anything and just gain the point). My point being if you are maxed at 100 architecture you could theoretically never learn the new gates/doors in this upcoming patch. I would like to know if anyone from NG can shed some light onto this issue. Will these new recipes be available via recipe book instead? (doubtful since there are no current architecture nor basketry basket/pouch recipes). Thanks, looking forward to these new structures

FEAR FACTOR!

no this was not a constructive post

I too would like a clear answer on this please Devs

The Devs have stated that a teaching system will be going into place in the future. Giving players the ability to pass on their recipes to others. They have also stated that new recipes will be given to a few high skilled players first and from them the knowledge will be passed on to others. This is from previous vision posts.

Question: If it's only related to skill points rather than practice, does that mean I would learn new recipes automatically by dumping leveling points into Architecture? I thought new recipes dropped depending on what path is set for your individual toon upon creation and what is used to grind...

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Question: If it's only related to skill points rather than practice, does that mean I would learn new recipes automatically by dumping leveling points into Architecture? I thought new recipes dropped depending on what path is set for your individual toon upon creation and what is used to grind...
    Hey Book I have tried this route. Putting points into architecture does NOT help you learn any new recipes....however, it does help unlock new tiers of recipes. For example Architecture - XsyonWiki lists every recipe in the game. If you are not at least the level of the recipe, you cannot possibly learn it. So a Chief Tent requires 50 architecture, and say someone with architecture of 25 would have to level up 25 times to even unlock that tier of recipe. Hope this explains why you should not put points into Architecture, as you possibly passed up a recipe you may never have a chance to learn (I still have yet to learn freaking Rough Branch Barricade.....)

Quote Originally Posted by jeru View Post
    Hey Book I have tried this route. Putting points into architecture does NOT help you learn any new recipes....however, it does help unlock new tiers of recipes. For example Architecture - XsyonWiki lists every recipe in the game. If you are not at least the level of the recipe, you cannot possibly learn it. So a Chief Tent requires 50 architecture, and say someone with architecture of 25 would have to level up 25 times to even unlock that tier of recipe. Hope this explains why you should not put points into Architecture, as you possibly passed up a recipe you may never have a chance to learn (I still have yet to learn freaking Rough Branch Barricade.....)
    Whoa, thank you very much for that info! Hope we find out about your question as to what happens after 100 with new recipes too.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jeru View Post
    The only problem with this is that the information appears to be inaccurate. My architecture is only at 8, but, while building my pins and storage areas with Rough Branch Barricades, I've learned three recipes (on for each point) that that website says I shouldn't be able to learn for another 27+ points.

Not sure if it's outdated, intended to be working and not, or just wrong, but it's definitely not right at the moment.

IMO a simple fix to this would be allow ALL recipes to be found and NOT learned through skilling.
    This would promote trade.

Also recipes should be common based on the skill level.
    IE. Level 20 skill recipe would be 40x more common than a level 60 skill recipe.
    IE. Level 60 skill recipe would be 30x more common than a level 90 recipe.
    IE. Level 90 skill recipe would be 10x more common than a level 100 recipe.

These numbers can be tweaked of course just a basic idea to start with. This would promote trade of recipes between masters. Also it would make some masters in a craft making one of the items @ 100 skill one of the major resources. Because others that trained up a skill might not have say 100 level Bone Helmet recipe, while another would.

It would also make it so that tribes would put more thought into who in the tribe learned what. Making roles in tribes a lot better.

I still think there should be basic recipes you learn for skilling but really they shouldnt have anything to do with producing anything. Like when I train to do say tailoring, I wouldnt make wedding dresses, but I would start off training my cross-stitch, which was used in wedding dresses. (FYI I know nothing of tailoring).
    So you could train your tailoring skill by either doing a cross-stitch at level 30 to about 50ish, then learn another training skill. Or you could make items. Items would yield faster gains per item (because they would take more resources) but you could goto the next stage by training the training skills.

Im really upset with how crafting the LOWEST easiest resource item. Will allow you to go from 5 to 100. Look at bone crafting. Level 5 in the skill I make bone stakes. 1 round bone, and a knife. Ive been doing this for a week now. Im at 60+ bone-crafting now. Never made ANYTHING other than a bone stake. That doesnt make sense. At this rate I will be a MASTER in bone-crafting and the ONLY thing Ive ever made were bone stakes.

My system would promote making items that are higher level while still allowing for training of easy to do things. Giving the choice of either full items, or basic training items that were worthless afterwards with a much lessor reward for training per item.
    I know depending on what resources I had, I would do either or, or both. Which means thats a good system.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    The only problem with this is that the information appears to be inaccurate. My architecture is only at 8, but, while building my pins and storage areas with Rough Branch Barricades, I've learned three recipes (on for each point) that that website says I shouldn't be able to learn for another 27+ points.

Not sure if it's outdated, intended to be working and not, or just wrong, but it's definitely not right at the moment.
    I'm pretty sure its just outdated. Heck I remember in beta you could start as a new character and have chief teepee as a possible starting recipe. lots of changes since then tho : /

Nice suggestion DDT - agree how it is kind of rediculous grinding the same starting recipe, player can lose interest very fast doing this.