Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    They could half the amount of trees needed to level logging on if cutting a felled tree into logs counted toward one's logging skill as well. As I understand it only the actual act of hitting the logging action key to cut a tree down counts.

Quote Originally Posted by ocoma View Post
    They could half the amount of trees needed to level logging on if cutting a felled tree into logs counted toward one's logging skill as well. As I understand it only the actual act of hitting the logging action key to cut a tree down counts.
    Ive posted this before.

I think they should make it so that felling a tree gives skill for logging (like it does now) but it should take like 5 to 10 tries to fell a tree. Each one gives a chance to get skill (like now), then each time you chop a felled tree into a log it should give a chance to give a skill for logging. You chop up each felled tree 5 to 20 times depending on its yield. Each chop should give like 1 to 3 logs.

This would mean that felling a tree would take about 25 to 150 seconds to fell, depending on your skill and tree size. Then it would take about 25 to 300 seconds to get 5 to 60 logs out of it.

Right now it takes 5seconds to 15second to fell a tree. Then 5 to 15 seconds to get 1 to 26 logs. With each tree giving 1 chance to get logging skill.
    The new way (my idea) you can get 10 to 30 chances per tree to get logging per tree.

Quote Originally Posted by ocoma View Post
    ah, didn't know that. Does seem silly... does cutting a felled tree give woodcraft xp?

Maybe if you cut 3 trees in one hour, the 4th has a 78.56% chance of falling on your head

Could also just not clear-cut in a race to the top and enjoy the RPG aspect of things taking time to master... just a thought. Perhaps not a very popular one, but a thought nonetheless.

A lot of good ideas indeed around to prevent almost instant deforestation, i'm curious to see how much time it will take the devs to implement one of them.

I bought and joined this game with the seducing idea of setting up a camp in some wild area in the middle of a forest. I was really disapointed to see that not only there wasn't such "wild" areas because of how tiny the game map is (Tiny in a sense that there are signs of life at every corner) but also because i walked for hours and failed to see any forests out there but instead a kind of desertic landscape thanks to the frenzy tree hunt.

It's kind of the same with animal growth, how are they supposed to breed and grow if there's no big wild forests in wich they can get a chance to hide from hunters.

There should be some system implemented that would reward ressource protection or something. I remember seeing a group of animals but didn't needed badly the bones so i just let them be in the hope that it would help them flurish and re populate the area a little rather than level my hunting skill. As it turns out another player who passed by a few moments later just killed them all as soon as he spoted them. Why did i ask, why not did he answer.

Devs have been working on giving us means to collect, harvest and hunt but in my opinion that's the problem so far, if they don't brings in game mechanics to do the opposite, to plant, protect and breed animals then all ressources are meant to disapear, cause if there's something that seems impossible to work on, it's how greedy players usually are.

I agree Vivoune, and they are working on it.
    Breeding is already in. The animal pop started at about 1200, and its over 4000 now. Its still going up too even with all the killing. I kill around 50 animals a day. I know others doing the same.
    Tree regrowth is a problem and its being worked on next patch should have it in it as they have said. Also they are going to respawn ALL the trees in the world to start from fresh.
    Planting and farming is coming in the next patch also (or so they say).

Im not a fan of the reward system for passing up a bear or something, but I think over time people will need to fight off them because they will be attacking your towns =P

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I agree Vivoune, and they are working on it.
    Breeding is already in. The animal pop started at about 1200, and its over 4000 now. Its still going up too even with all the killing. I kill around 50 animals a day. I know others doing the same.
    Tree regrowth is a problem and its being worked on next patch should have it in it as they have said. Also they are going to respawn ALL the trees in the world to start from fresh.
    Planting and farming is coming in the next patch also (or so they say).

Im not a fan of the reward system for passing up a bear or something, but I think over time people will need to fight off them because they will be attacking your towns =P
    I kill only what attacks me. I see lots of families though now though. All huddled up together if you smack one they all hit you instantly at the same time and you die. Don't mess with wild life families!

I really just want to see the game nearly over run by animals before I start slaying. and I will slay because I have no other choice

Only ONE skill point in logging per day. Frankly, this should be implemented for all skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhul_NS View Post
    Only ONE skill point in logging per day. Frankly, this should be implemented for all skills.
    Geez no.
    That means it would take over a month to train 1 skill from min to max, thats if you played EVERYDAY, and you couldnt spend more than 1 point on it per day.

This also means that if you played a lot in a day, you would have to learn many skills just to make progress.

Heck no, there shouldnt be a limit on how much I can learn in a day other than my time vs time required.

This isnt going to fix the logging issue, it will only make it so people are pissed off. I already posted a good way to fix it, whats wrong with that way?

If you want things to take longer, then you might have a good point there, but this isnt the way to do it.
    Do you have any skills at 100?

Quote Originally Posted by Azhul_NS View Post
    I will say this in the kindest way possible... You are an idiot. I would go into a long drawn out and detailed debate to the huge flaws with your idea, but they are so obvious there is no need to discuss it further.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Geez no.
    That means it would take over a month to train 1 skill from min to max, thats if you played EVERYDAY, and you couldnt spend more than 1 point on it per day.
    1 - what's wrong with taking a few months to max out your logging?

2 - you still have your level up skill points to spend as you please, so you can focus train a particular skill.

This also means that if you played a lot in a day, you would have to learn many skills just to make progress.
    I don't consider grinding a skill 'playing'. It is work, not play. Do something in-game that is FUN. If there is anything, and if there isn't why log in at all?
    Heck no, there shouldnt be a limit on how much I can learn in a day other than my time vs time required.

This isnt going to fix the logging issue, it will only make it so people are pissed off. I already posted a good way to fix it, whats wrong with that way?
    Alone, it is not enough.
    If you want things to take longer, then you might have a good point there, but this isnt the way to do it.
    Do you have any skills at 100?
    Of course not. I HATE grind in MMOs. I like FUN.