Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Containerds - MOAR

Hello there, sorry if this has been over suggested before but i just don't feel like checking out all of the forum. Feel free to bash me if this thread is useless.

So this is a really simple suggestion basically, this game lacks bigger containers for us nerds (or "dedicated players" to not offend anyone) to use. I find it really silly that every single player camp ends up being overwhelmed with 50 slots baskets everywhere.

I'm not talking of the fact that the basket placing system brings chaos in every camp.

I won't even speak of how there is no way to my knowledge to label them to keep things clear.

I would just like a bigger storage option. A 200 or 500 slot container that once placed couldn't be moved, that would be rectangular and meant to serve as a static storage area, unlike those truncated conicals that are meant to store stuff to move them. It becomes more and more necessary as anyone advance in game. I mean come on devs, you even need several slots for the same item cause of the various quality of the said item. It's just silly how much room you need and how few options are offered to the player. It's nice to have several visual designs of the same 50 slot basket, but different design all together (more slots) would be more practical.

Cheers

They said they plan on adding storage slots to some of the tents. Hopefully that will come with the architecture changes.

A chest option of some kind in woodcrafting would be good to. Thats more where I see your idea being applied. Bins can only be so big. But it makes sense that woodcrafters could make cabinets and chests ect.

Edit: And yes bin labels have been requested.

Will be interesting to see if decay makes it less practical to keep massive inventories. I know I'd stand to lose a lot of stuff that has piled up.

Would help the notion of conservation though if Virtus wanted to see that happen. Take only as you need or it will just disappear before you get a chance to use it.

Doubt that will be the case, but who knows.

in that case hopefully you could repair

If they plan to add bigger storage items on top of a labeling system then that's a releif thanks.

Architecture storage would be nice though i agree that woodcrafters should be able to provide storage furniture.

The item decay could solve the greifings/grinding issues though i really don't think skill grinders would care of item decay, they just wan't to lvl up and toss the items or leave logs on the spot it appears. Bloody shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivoune View Post
    they just wan't to lvl up and toss the items or leave logs on the spot it appears. Bloody shame.
    Bloody shame nothing, I'm at 96 woodcrafting now, 83 points of that on logs left by people leveling logging. I'm glad people are not simply destroying the logs as they go.

The item decay could solve the greifings/grinding issues though
    If they had item decay, then griefers/grinders would have to either 1)make items, 2)buy / trade items.
    Because lets say a grinder/griefer were out to log your area. Well he would need to bring axes, because bringing one would only last for a little bit of time.

Decay will most certainly slow down grinders/griefers because of the need to make/buy/trade for items.

Bloody shame nothing, I'm at 96 woodcrafting now, 83 points of that on logs left by people leveling logging
    Yes, and why do you think there are so many logs left around if not grinding. In my opinion, there shouldn't be logs just sitting everywhere, there should be trees.

Decay will most certainly slow down grinders/griefers because of the need to make/buy/trade for items.
    That is true.

Yes, and why do you think there are so many logs left around if not grinding. In my opinion, there shouldn't be logs just sitting everywhere, there should be trees.
    Unless they grant everyone max level logging or suddenly logging level no longer effects the quality of logs produced, I promise you that as soon as they reset the trees they will be clear cut again. As an almost GM woodcrafter I know I plan on clear cut grinding my logging as soon as they respawn the trees cause I need the better QL logs for my woodcrafting.

Quote Originally Posted by ocoma View Post
    Unless they grant everyone max level logging or suddenly logging level no longer effects the quality of logs produced, I promise you that as soon as they reset the trees they will be clear cut again. As an almost GM woodcrafter I know I plan on clear cut grinding my logging as soon as they respawn the trees cause I need the better QL logs for my woodcrafting.
    Rather than providing an "I win" button, I'd rather see a decline in experience gained with each tree logged within a certain amount of time, until no experience at all is gained until the timer resets. Consider it getting tired and needing to take a break until you're fresh enough to log effectively.

It's nice to have the ability to specialize as a logger providing good wood... but the incentive to decimate entire areas should be removed. People might still run around clear-cutting, but at least they wouldn't benefit from it over people who chose not to do it. It would still allow for rapid construction by tribes who actually need all that wood in a short amount of time.

I'm excited to see all the trees back... but I wouldn't be against waiting until they're able to code the appropriate mechanics, unless rewarding massive environmental destruction for personal gain was what they had in mind. All good if that's the case.