Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    So it takes a 3rd party program to be able to play the game and you people think that's ok? Wtf is going on here? I'm still stuck on the loading screen, I was able to log in once and found my windowed mode not the size i wanted, logged out to fix it and have been stuck on log in screen since. There is no way a game charging $40 and $15 a month should take this long to log in.

Quote Originally Posted by silentyem View Post
    So it takes a 3rd party program to be able to play the game and you people think that's ok? Wtf is going on here? I'm still stuck on the loading screen, I was able to log in once and found my windowed mode not the size i wanted, logged out to fix it and have been stuck on log in screen since. There is no way a game charging $40 and $15 a month should take this long to log in.
    If you are having problems contact support.
    Also maybe getting on IRC for insta feedback for support sometimes. (IRC chat at the top is a link, also support at the top too is a link for that)

So it takes a 3rd party program to be able to play the game and you people think that's ok?
    well, in harmike's case he seems to have extenuating network circumstance. in general i would be very down on a game that required a third party app to run, i just don't see that as the case for 99% of the people playing. if you have some weird network issue that causes extreme packet loss, that might be outisde the realm of the developer's control.

Why would it only be this game then, I have no issues connecting to Rift and UO.

UO is like 10+ years old. It shouldnt take long to load at all.
    Rift is made with like 50 devs, and its not a world at all like Xsyon. It even takes like 1.5mins for me to load.

Having said that, it only takes me like 1 to 2mins to load into Xsyon.
    Contact support and figure out why.

I to have this issue, with a 29mbps download 3mbps upload speed. A computer running windows 7, with i7 920 processor, msi 58x motherboard, 24gb of ram, dual nvidia 465 gtx's, and a 2 terrabyte hard drive.

It takes me roughly 3 - 7 minutes to login, longest times for loading seem to be zone and entity, and doesn't this belong in the support/bug/crash whatever thread as it is a topic about performance issues?

I have had some problems useing fullscreen in this game. Not sure if those problems are fixed, sicne I have been useing windowed mode for the game.

Maybe you could try windowed mode if fullscreen is loading slow.

I have 1920x1200 reso monitor and have been playing with a 1920x1080 resolution.

When i tried full screen I had it freeze once and also got a blue screen once, though it also played ok for awhile sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by goodayve View Post
    I have had some problems useing fullscreen in this game. Not sure if those problems are fixed, sicne I have been useing windowed mode for the game.

Maybe you could try windowed mode if fullscreen is loading slow.

I have 1920x1200 reso monitor and have been playing with a 1920x1080 resolution.

When i tried full screen I had it freeze once and also got a blue screen once, though it also played ok for awhile sometimes.
    I use default resolution windowed mode. but was a good suggestion.

I found that if I don't alt tab out of the game while its loading it will load in a couple minutes. For me alt tabbing while the game is loading means at least 1/2 hour load time. Don't know why that is.

I found that if I don't alt tab out of the game while its loading it will load in a couple minutes. For me alt tabbing while the game is loading means at least 1/2 hour load time. Don't know why that is.
    I believe a possibility is that xsyon requires x resources and may act as a priority program for loading, however when you go into another window or program the priority of xsyon decreases and other programs using system resources may be starving xsyon of processing power or ram allowance.

Does time decrease if you close down other programs and have you done alt + tab + delete and checked your computers resource monitor to see if you are maxing out your ram, cpu?

EDIT: Only problem with my theory is I have an i7 extreme, with 24g of ram, so if this were the case then my client would load nearly instantly, but instead takes still several minutes. Not sure what other factors are in play, but think this thread belongs in but or tech subforum.