Tribe/friends logging in and logging out

I'm sure this has been suggested before but it would be a really good idea to have it show whether your friends/tribe members are online/offline and also have it show a message when they log on or off.

I was thinking something along the lines of when a player logs off have a message in the chat box say "Appollo has gone to sleep" and of course when they log on "Appollo has awaken"

Then for the friends/tribe member list it should also show who is online/offline by simply listing "Asleep" "Awake" next to their name.

Thanks for reading my idea.

I've been wanting this in game too I'll offer it up as a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    I was thinking something along the lines of when a player logs off have a message in the chat box say "Appollo has gone to sleep" and of course when they log on "Appollo has awaken"

Then for the friends/tribe member list it should also show who is online/offline by simply listing "Asleep" "Awake" next to their name.
    It just needs to say Apollo has logged on, or Apollo has logged off - nothing else!

Status just needs to say Online, or Offline - nothing else!

we don't know what people do when they are not on, and not everyone logs to go to sleep.

Don't make it sound stupid, please!

Trying to keep the realism alive here KeithStone. Online and offline is what everyone does...certainly some people would be confused by asleep/awake though.

I just want to see whos on

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    Trying to keep the realism alive here KeithStone. Online and offline is what everyone does...certainly some people would be confused by asleep/awake though.

I just want to see whos on
    I was trying to make that sound sarcastic lol- didn't really come out that way- but I still don't like the asleep/awake thing.

lets add on to Keith's idea. Have it show when members where last online also.

at the very least i would like to be able to see when the last time a member logged on was.

totally agree it would be nice to see when people are online/offline. my suggestion would be to have it just say online/offline by default with the option to replace that with a brief message from the player if desired.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    at the very least i would like to be able to see when the last time a member logged on was.
    Yeah this would be really helpful