Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkonick View Post
    is there anyway to reduce the temperatures? My GTX 580 is running at about 71-75 C which isn't bad for a GTX but I know others who can't play Xsyon because they don't want to risk frying hardware.

See this above here ^^^^^^ this is what the guy asked heating issue and i answered his question next post ill give you exact details on what my rig is doing with 2 copies of xsyon and ill even add in a lotro and ill have a movie running just to show you.

Sorry I already found the problem.

Its Xsyon not my computers, Ive tested this with other people also.

Run the game on higher settings, (Bloom, and Vsync) and it fixed the problems. Clearly there is something more wrong here, because that shouldnt have the effect it does.

Again, CPU/GPU temp is a secondary effect of running high CPU/GPU usage.

You can talk about airflow and water cooling and blah blah all you want, its not that when other games and software run just fine.

OK 2 xsyon accounts and a lotro account with a movie in the back ground running my cpu usages is only 59% spiked to 61 twice in 20 mins of running cpu temp never broke over 57* and my case temp was 45* no way to test temp on the video card card unless i go buy a special temp gauge but it is very cool to touch when grabbing the heat sink.

Seeing my heat sink on my video card is about the same as my cpu by hand touch i will asume my video card is running around 55 to 65*. It runs cool because of the case and the air flow i have runnign threw it. the flow is so perfect heat can't stay in the case cause it's ripped out with in sec's which is why my computer runs as good as it does.

If you go check out heating goggle it and you will see every one tell you same as me your case or in your question you asked your friends case's are not made for gaming. plus like before every fan on every video card sucks replace them with better fans and heat sinks.

Your friends might want to change them low performance fans on there video cards. the Ixtrema universal fan for ati and nvidia is very good i bought 2 just in case i would need it cause of fan. Fan always burns up on video cards but 1 yr 5 months later this fan hasn't lost a rev yet still kicking hard as if i just bought it. it comes with a heat sink and ram sinks as well for the video card well mine did any ways.

Most video cards with the black case all have same issue if you have dust. The dust builds up inside along the copper heat sink blocking air across the heat sink making it heat up. going to a open heat sink and fan on video card prevents that issue.

Another problem you might be having mrddt is a video driver. A video driver can cause your bloom and vsync and stuff to not run right causeing your cpu to be used more to work around conflicts it is having. I can tell you the new nvida driver has a issue and if you are using the new nvidia driver there is one problem thats if you use nvidia and not ati.

So you and dev have same system yet only you have the problem and he don't how can it be game coding if he isn't having same issue? I run 2 xsyon accounts full view distance and maxed tree range and all detail maxed and I dont use over 21% of my cpu and about 45% of my gpu on my card. Temp is max at any time 65* degrees so tell me how My rig does just fine and low temp?

When any gpu or cpu and ram heat up they slow down and start to slug around. When cooled down to certain temps they will run at full speed.

Again I will say you have a cooling issue. Try using a better after market heat sink instead of the standard one that comes with any cpu there not matched based on the computer being a gaming rig. also i would recommend changing the crappy fan that is standard on any ati or nvidia video card them fans arnt made to handle heat period. then i would recommend ram heat sinks and a diffrent cast like i stated above. My rig is a quad core 3.2 ghz am3 phenoem with 8 gigs ddr 3 ram a simple gtx 250 nvidia card with a msi board.

What you don't know about my system the heat sink came with the cpu got trashed never made it in my build instead i use a V.8 cool master and my ram is corsair with heat shields my video card fan was ripped off day one along with that dum retarded black plastic case that they throw on the nvidia line to trap in all that heat and replaced with a Silenx sli copper ram sink-1xg-80ca not to mention my case has 2 top 5.25 fans the psu is on bottom to help suck out all the heat blow back from the video card with a side and back intake fan. and i can run 2 copies fine with low heat and low cpu usage. Also i can run 5 coppies of eq at same time alt tabing like a mad man and not hang what so ever.

Most of your systems are similar to mine and im telling you from personal exp you don't have enough air flow to keep the inside cool enough to keep the parts inside cooled down enough to not bog down and run sluggish.

It isn't the code. Little advice for any one. 9 out of 10 times the problem is on the customers end. When I first started playing around with computers i blamed the programs all time cause i paid good money for my system and i knew with out a doubt it was not my end. WRONG!!!!! years of learning and being proved wrong made me dive deeper into things instead of always assuming its never my end.

Like in the begining i keep emailing jooky with all these crash bugs. I keep telling my self this can't all be coming from the game so after diving into my system i stumbled apon a shocking issue with micrsoft i found on every pc in my home and in other homes. I postted this on these forums and on that mmog web site forum as well trying to explain in few words how to fix it. Which cleared up every crash i keep getting. Even tho jooky set there and actted like it was there fault these bugs exsisted I can assure you he wasn't.

I will say again cooler runs way better. I can assure you its your system is getting to hot. The video card company don't make the card to fit the case and heat in the case they make them to do what they do best proccess. It's up to the consumer to or the computer builder to put the product in the right case and to asure there is a air flow that whips the heat away while it blows cool air on the heat sink to keep the core cooled.

Let me ask you this? Your video card is a nvidia isnt it or the ati model with the dum black case surrounding the card trapping all that heat in side to heat not only the core up but the board itself right? Lets say you do have enough cooling with your case. I'm still going to say it's that hot cause the black case on the video card is trapping that heat in and them cheap ars fans they throw on them video cards might be sufficent for a game boy but nothing like what your running. Try putting a Ixtrema gpu cooler on that video card.

If you think that is a really low temp than you have another thing coming. If you get those temps you have good airflow. I'm usually 69-75* C and I'm not using my largest fan. It would be far too loud unless I was contantly blasting music in my headphones to override the sound.

The point is that you are probably running most games below 50* C GPU like I am. My point is Xsyon doesn't have to be this way.

If you can't recognize it's the code then I don't know what you can recognize.

It can be more optimized or at least have the settings to optimize it. Currently turning all settings down doesn't help too much for a lot of people.

65*C may be low for you but someone else may be running 85* C when no other game has ever had them reach these temps.

That is my point man, nothing has had my hardware reach these temps before. It's the code. This game is so demanding on your GPU that if you don't have a good one your keyboard will often lag behind your typing speed. Mine doesn't do that anymore since I upgraded to one of the best gfx cards their is, but others still get that. The min reqs for this game are much higher than any game I've played

Please don't just assume it's the customer. If they want to make a game this demanding fine....but know that a lot of people that would have been subscribers won't be just because their hardware can't handle it (yet it can handle Crysis)

OK 2 xsyon accounts and a lotro account with a movie in the back ground running my cpu usages is only 59% spiked to 61 twice in 20 mins of running cpu temp never broke over 57* and my case temp was 45* no way to test temp on the video card card unless i go buy a special temp gauge but it is very cool to touch when grabbing the heat sink.

Seeing my heat sink on my video card is about the same as my cpu by hand touch i will asume my video card is running around 55 to 65*. It runs cool because of the case and the air flow i have runnign threw it. the flow is so perfect heat can't stay in the case cause it's ripped out with in sec's which is why my computer runs as good as it does.

If you go check out heating goggle it and you will see every one tell you same as me your case or in your question you asked your friends case's are not made for gaming. plus like before every fan on every video card sucks replace them with better fans and heat sinks.

Your friends might want to change them low performance fans on there video cards. the Ixtrema universal fan for ati and nvidia is very good i bought 2 just in case i would need it cause of fan. Fan always burns up on video cards but 1 yr 5 months later this fan hasn't lost a rev yet still kicking hard as if i just bought it. it comes with a heat sink and ram sinks as well for the video card well mine did any ways.

Most video cards with the black case all have same issue if you have dust. The dust builds up inside along the copper heat sink blocking air across the heat sink making it heat up. going to a open heat sink and fan on video card prevents that issue.

Another problem you might be having mrddt is a video driver. A video driver can cause your bloom and vsync and stuff to not run right causeing your cpu to be used more to work around conflicts it is having. I can tell you the new nvida driver has a issue and if you are using the new nvidia driver there is one problem thats if you use nvidia and not ati.
    If it were only me yes. You might have a point in it being my drivers.
    I have 7 computers, some with different video cards.
    Also I sent in a Dxdiag to the devs and they said it looks fine (one of the devs even said my specs looks just like his).

Again you are focusing on the temps of the computer instead of the problem CPU%.

60% of a CPU is pretty high for me. So if I were running at 60% CPU, I would wonder WTF is up with the game needing that much CPU. Plus what is it when you minimize?

Whats your CPU when running 1 Xsyon?
    Xsyon only really using 1 core (Ive not seen it use more than 1) and its running my CPU at 80 to 100% of that one core. (I have 4) Even when the game is minimized.
    But I turn V sync and bloom on, POOF all fixed. Running ~40% of one core while Xsyon is up, and it drops down to 2 to 5% when its minimized. WOW Just like other games do. Pretty crazy.

You make great sense if it were a temp problem and not a CPU/GPU usage problem. If someone were running Xsyon and it was only using like 30% of a core, and they were having issues with temps sure, it would be a problem with the fan or airflow etc. But the case here is more than just temps its the CPU/GPU usage. Ive talked to many people in IRC about it already.

Understand the line of thinking (Ive said it a few times), the temp issue is a secondary effect of the CPU/GPU being used at full load non stop.

P.S. Anyone telling me they check their temps on their computer while its running with their hand is auto put into the *Im not going to care what they say list* because that's just stupid idea. Please dont tell people you do that.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Sorry I already found the problem.

Its Xsyon not my computers, Ive tested this with other people also.

Run the game on higher settings, (Bloom, and Vsync) and it fixed the problems. Clearly there is something more wrong here, because that shouldnt have the effect it does.

Again, CPU/GPU temp is a secondary effect of running high CPU/GPU usage.

You can talk about airflow and water cooling and blah blah all you want, its not that when other games and software run just fine.
    I have pretty high temps for how low my CPU/GPU usage is. My CPU is way cooler than my GPU. Low 70s with Xyson is typical.

Turned vertical sync on as it wasn't on before, everything else is on max settings. After 15 mins of Xsyon running, I only use 14% of CPU. 1.3 gigs memory is dedicated to Xyson. That's over half of most peoples ram.

for me it says 25% physical memory and CPU is 48* C and GPU is at 66* C. It tends to head a few degrees higher as I start performing actions.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    I have pretty high temps for how low my CPU/GPU usage is. My CPU is way cooler than my GPU. Low 70s with Xyson is typical.

Turned vertical sync on as it wasn't on before, everything else is on max settings. After 15 mins of Xsyon running, I only use 14% of CPU. 1.3 gigs memory is dedicated to Xyson. That's over half of most peoples ram.

for me it says 25% physical memory and CPU is 48* C and GPU is at 66* C. It tends to head a few degrees higher as I start performing actions.
    All those numbers after V sync is on is totally normal.

48C for a CPU, is normal for running the game, and 66C GPU temp is normal. (48c is slightly high for a CPU under 14% cpu load, but still not all that bad depends what you got going on for cooling).
    14% CPU on a quad core is only around 60% of 1 core. So thats normal.

Sounds like its fine now then.

Personally id love to get ride of these low in mmos out there we can never step up cause people always asking companies to down grad them for lower pc's we have almost every mmo out today tailored to low end pc's.

If you ever betaed and played vanguard when it first came out you would have seen a demanding mmo. What happen good question every one didn't have pc that could actually run it but a selcet few i went out built my pc just for the game. And they still in the end dummed it down for lower end users and it caused more problems trying to do that. and graphics all had to be altered char models got dummed down to point i wouldn't look at it and play it any more.

Don't get me wrong and im not trying to sound heartless but i think it's about time dev's start thinking about the high end pc useres.
    This game has a ways to go before it can touch Vanguard and it's glory when it launched. I know some had bad exp with it cause there pc just couldn't handle it. But I never had any issues with it but the down time for patches trying to fix it to run on lower pc's.
    Every time they dum a game down for lower pc's it normally stopes running smooth on the big rigs.

I will admit dev's always use least amount of code and depend on the pc to do most of all the work. I agree we need smarter code to take load off the pc so it can do more handle more. This isn't a new fact in fact it's a old fact that has been known for over 15 years as computers got more power coders never improved there code instead still use same low in code make cpu's do most all the work.

Was even a article on this few years back in some journal about coders needed to start making smarter code to lower the work on pc's so we can take all this power we have today in pc's to a new level. I'm not disagreeing with you about the coding and theres nothing there going to do about it. Dev's have been using what i call lazy code for years and i have more power under my hood and I really don't need it all. Half the time my cpu goes to waist and my ram as well as my video ram cause i don't use it all even on the top in games that are supose to be so graphic intense.

But in my defence i was answering about heat on the original post. Mabe i read it wrong and took it in a heat issue. But to end this Xsyon i can trully say isnt that demanding at all try vanguard when it first opened and you would have seen demanding.

is there anyway to reduce the temperatures? My GTX 580 is running at about 71-75 C which isn't bad for a GTX but I know others who can't play Xsyon because they don't want to risk frying hardware.

See this above here ^^^^^^ this is what the guy asked heating issue and i answered his question next post ill give you exact details on what my rig is doing with 2 copies of xsyon and ill even add in a lotro and ill have a movie running just to show you.
    I was talking about the DEVS fixing it...not getting a more efficient cooling system

If you have problems with overheating it is your drivers and not the game. I run 2 instances of Xsyon sometimes and few more games in the background and never get high temperatures since I changed my drivers (5870, known to overheat with bad drivers). Or faulty cooling system could the be case.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    If you have problems with overheating it is your drivers and not the game. I run 2 instances of Xsyon sometimes and few more games in the background and never get high temperatures since I changed my drivers (5870, known to overheat with bad drivers). Or faulty cooling system could the be case.
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post81845

Read it really fast and understand. Thats not drivers, besides its not about temps. Temps the secondary effect. Its CPU% and GPU%, which causes the temps to go up.