Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    is there anyway to reduce the temperatures? My GTX 580 is running at about 71-75 C which isn't bad for a GTX but I know others who can't play Xsyon because they don't want to risk frying hardware.

what makes the game so demanding? is there anything you can do to drastically lower it?

would having an option to disable the far background of the game help this? I for one know I can see mountains 5000-10000 meters away.

Added after 18 minutes:

i do play all settings maxed but others dont and still get high temps

Case is every thing. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&Sku=C283-1223
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&Sku=T925-2402
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&Sku=A702-0007
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&Sku=A406-1094

These cases here are made for gaming and will keep cool most systems while gaming.
    Problem with most computers there not designed for all the heat that can come out of gaming. Sure you can throw in a huge cpu lots of ram the best video card sound and the full yard but with out a case that can expell heat and pull in lots of cool air at same time your insides will heat up and stay hot even if you run a lesser program.

If you ask them to make the game to run on your system cause your video card is heating up then you are asking them to make the game less so your case can handle the heat. 99% of the time someones pc over heats it's not the game is to demanding it's the case don't provide enough cool air for the video card there for video card can't cool down and can only stay same temp as the inside of the case or hotter. I'm not saying go buy water coolers. Air cool is safer and in most cases better than water cool. you just need right case for your internal stuff so the inside can keep the heat down on that stuff so it can do what it was made to do in the first place.

When picking a case rember heat rises so seeing your cpu ram give off alot of heat on there own you want to remove the power supply from the top and add top case fans for pulling all the heat out. Sence the power supply pulls air out the back make sure the psu is on the bottom of the case so its under the video card seeing 95% of video cards fans are on the bottom and it always facing down to floor of the case this will help pull hot air blowing off the video card out threw the psu. And a side and back fan pulling air in should give you more than enough cool air to maintain your system while it's at peak performance.

15 years ago 2 case fans was adaquate for gaming but in todays time gaming needs alot more air flow. The cases i linked above are adaquate for todays gaming there are even better cases than those i just don't rem the web to buy them plus these cases are under 100 bucks and few come with psu made for todays boards and video cards.

I would recommend a cool master over all. Hope this gives you some knowledge and insight into your issue.

Rem companies don't build computers based on gaming it's always based on standred pc use. Most gaming rigs you see at computer shops is some guy who don't game but trying to sell you a pc. Eye candy isn't every thing.

Also if you have alot of dust in your home rem to blow it out once a month remove fans clean with a brush then put them back or replace them. If you are a smoker try not to keep your case near your ashtray smoke from cig's will damage your ram and cd rom and other components over time.

Thanks for the great info. I have a gaming case but still maxed at 78* C when running 2 Xsyons. 75* C when just running 1 game client.

This doesn't change the fact that Xsyon runs hotter than most games. I just was wondering if there was anything the devs can do to reduce that

So I can play Crysis, and other demanding games just fine. But playing Xsyon runs my computer max speed 100% of the time even when its minimized.

Xsyon shouldnt be using this many resources, it shouldnt overheat it as much as it does. You are way off base here.

I talked to a dev, and he says his doesnt use that much CPU, and GPU, he can even run 4 to 10 clients and not have the problem. So why is my system (and others) having issues?
    Its not my case either, because its not just about temps its about GPU and CPU usage.

I can tell you my specs but like I said it doesnt matter, because a dev is using the same set up as me. Same CPU, same GPU and same OS. There is something more wrong here. Its not just me and its not just the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    So I can play Crysis, and other demanding games just fine. But playing Xsyon runs my computer max speed 100% of the time even when its minimized.

Xsyon shouldnt be using this many resources, it shouldnt overheat it as much as it does. You are way off base here.

I talked to a dev, and he says his doesnt use that much CPU, and GPU, he can even run 4 to 10 clients and not have the problem. So why is my system (and others) having issues?
    Its not my case either, because its not just about temps its about GPU and CPU usage.

I can tell you my specs but like I said it doesnt matter, because a dev is using the same set up as me. Same CPU, same GPU and same OS. There is something more wrong here. Its not just me and its not just the OP.
    I run 37* C GPU while idle and 71-75 average in Xsyon. Mount and Blade Warband on full graphics runs at about 45* C GPU. Yeah, it's an offline game without massive zones I get that. But still even when I play multiplayer Warband it's not any worse.

I don't own Crysis but I wonder if it would run hotter than Xsyon.

Have you ever tested your temps with Crysis and Xsyon DDT? Is Xsyon hotter?

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    I run 37* C GPU while idle and 71-75 average in Xsyon. Mount and Blade Warband on full graphics runs at about 45* C GPU. Yeah, it's an offline game without massive zones I get that. But still even when I play multiplayer Warband it's not any worse.

I don't own Crysis but I wonder if it would run hotter than Xsyon.

Have you ever tested your temps with Crysis and Xsyon DDT? Is Xsyon hotter?
    Its not about the heat. Heat is the end problem but the problem starts with how its overworking your GPU/CPU.

Xsyon works my CPU 100% (of the core its on) and 100% of the GPU non stop while gaming. The temps are because of how much its running your CPU/GPU.

I talked to DevDez and he said he has the same system as I do, and it only uses 25% of one core when Xsyon is active, and 4% of a core when its minimized, and his GPU is running at around 5% when Xsyon is minimized. Im not getting any decrease in CPU/GPU % while minimized at all. Clearly there is something wrong.

Others are having this same problem. I dont know how to fix this, others dont either. Its not limited to 1 computer type or not. Its something in the coding of Xsyon, its not working right. This will cause issues, because GPU's are not meant to run 100% for hours and hours.

FYI Crysis runs just fine on this computer, and Xsyon is about the same for GPU, and a little worse for CPU. But thats not the point, when I minimize Crysis, my CPU and GPU drop to almost 0%

So you and dev have same system yet only you have the problem and he don't how can it be game coding if he isn't having same issue? I run 2 xsyon accounts full view distance and maxed tree range and all detail maxed and I dont use over 21% of my cpu and about 45% of my gpu on my card. Temp is max at any time 65* degrees so tell me how My rig does just fine and low temp?

When any gpu or cpu and ram heat up they slow down and start to slug around. When cooled down to certain temps they will run at full speed.

Again I will say you have a cooling issue. Try using a better after market heat sink instead of the standard one that comes with any cpu there not matched based on the computer being a gaming rig. also i would recommend changing the crappy fan that is standard on any ati or nvidia video card them fans arnt made to handle heat period. then i would recommend ram heat sinks and a diffrent cast like i stated above. My rig is a quad core 3.2 ghz am3 phenoem with 8 gigs ddr 3 ram a simple gtx 250 nvidia card with a msi board.

What you don't know about my system the heat sink came with the cpu got trashed never made it in my build instead i use a V.8 cool master and my ram is corsair with heat shields my video card fan was ripped off day one along with that dum retarded black plastic case that they throw on the nvidia line to trap in all that heat and replaced with a Silenx sli copper ram sink-1xg-80ca not to mention my case has 2 top 5.25 fans the psu is on bottom to help suck out all the heat blow back from the video card with a side and back intake fan. and i can run 2 copies fine with low heat and low cpu usage. Also i can run 5 coppies of eq at same time alt tabing like a mad man and not hang what so ever.

Most of your systems are similar to mine and im telling you from personal exp you don't have enough air flow to keep the inside cool enough to keep the parts inside cooled down enough to not bog down and run sluggish.

It isn't the code. Little advice for any one. 9 out of 10 times the problem is on the customers end. When I first started playing around with computers i blamed the programs all time cause i paid good money for my system and i knew with out a doubt it was not my end. WRONG!!!!! years of learning and being proved wrong made me dive deeper into things instead of always assuming its never my end.

Like in the begining i keep emailing jooky with all these crash bugs. I keep telling my self this can't all be coming from the game so after diving into my system i stumbled apon a shocking issue with micrsoft i found on every pc in my home and in other homes. I postted this on these forums and on that mmog web site forum as well trying to explain in few words how to fix it. Which cleared up every crash i keep getting. Even tho jooky set there and actted like it was there fault these bugs exsisted I can assure you he wasn't.

I will say again cooler runs way better. I can assure you its your system is getting to hot. The video card company don't make the card to fit the case and heat in the case they make them to do what they do best proccess. It's up to the consumer to or the computer builder to put the product in the right case and to asure there is a air flow that whips the heat away while it blows cool air on the heat sink to keep the core cooled.

Let me ask you this? Your video card is a nvidia isnt it or the ati model with the dum black case surrounding the card trapping all that heat in side to heat not only the core up but the board itself right? Lets say you do have enough cooling with your case. I'm still going to say it's that hot cause the black case on the video card is trapping that heat in and them cheap ars fans they throw on them video cards might be sufficent for a game boy but nothing like what your running. Try putting a Ixtrema gpu cooler on that video card.

Running a very similar system to everyone else...all aftermarket cooling and some adjustments similar to Arkonick. Can run two instances of Xsyon on mine without ever going over 55*... (running two right now with browser open and music playing through media player...at 51*)

I have 7 computers here.

All have aftermarket CPU fans. Its NOTHING to do with heat do you understand this?
    I dont care how hot my CPU and GPU is getting this problem is about CPU and GPU% being used.

It may seem like its heat, but heat is just a secondary effect of the problem. CPU/GPU is being used way to much. Minimize your game and see how much CPU/GPU its using.

is there anyway to reduce the temperatures? My GTX 580 is running at about 71-75 C which isn't bad for a GTX but I know others who can't play Xsyon because they don't want to risk frying hardware.

See this above here ^^^^^^ this is what the guy asked heating issue and i answered his question next post ill give you exact details on what my rig is doing with 2 copies of xsyon and ill even add in a lotro and ill have a movie running just to show you.