Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: decay and tents

decay and tents

Ok so with decay soon to be in game I will be making a big move with my bins(low Q to very high). But i was thinking how much will tents help slow decay to say just in the open in what most people have just a storge area? Should I just tear down the bin area and just put up tents? I wouldent mind doing it but I just want to know its worth the effort before doing it.

Please tell me your thoughts on it and what you have planed.

Sort of along these same lines, I'm curious as to whether stacked up resources (mainly scrap) is going to decay. One of my biggest concerns since I don't live ON a junkpile is some jackwagon coming along and planting a totem right on top of the nearest one. Being able to stock up and save these resources will be vital for me, but I'll be putting them in tents and buildings if they decay.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Sort of along these same lines, I'm curious as to whether stacked up resources (mainly scrap) is going to decay. One of my biggest concerns since I don't live ON a junkpile is some jackwagon coming along and planting a totem right on top of the nearest one. Being able to stock up and save these resources will be vital for me, but I'll be putting them in tents and buildings if they decay.
    This is a question I'm wondering as well. We have massive stores of stacked resources littering our tribeland. If these are going to decay than we'll have to start sorting it all down and storing it correctly. The same question relates to stacked trees as well as stacked grass, metal, plastic, leather and cloth.

Been wondering about this as well.

It rains inside my teepee... makes me think it's not going to help with decay.

There are still other teepees with doors that don't open, so those buildings are pretty much useless. Tents that cannot be entered, etc.

I've been wondering why they wanted to implement decay before fixing buildings seeing as buildings are the best way (that I know of) to battle decay... I'm sure there's a logic to the mayhem but some indication as to said logic would be kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Been wondering about this as well.

It rains inside my teepee... makes me think it's not going to help with decay.

There are still other teepees with doors that don't open, so those buildings are pretty much useless. Tents that cannot be entered, etc.

I've been wondering why they wanted to implement decay before fixing buildings seeing as buildings are the best way (that I know of) to battle decay... I'm sure there's a logic to the mayhem but some indication as to said logic would be kinda cool.
    That's where I'm hoping this comes in...quoted from today's update by Xsyon...

In order of priority we are currently working on:

-Decay and crafting changes - not much left to finish here, so this will be ready for next week's update.
    It might be a big assumption, but I'm hoping crafting = architecture

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    That's where I'm hoping this comes in...quoted from today's update by Xsyon...

It might be a big assumption, but I'm hoping crafting = architecture

Im hoping the crafting changes they are talking about is going to effect ALL crafting to make it less tedious and more fun. (Reactions while crafting, choices and options while crafting etc).

Seriously doubt changes of that magnitude are going to happen in the couple of weeks since release. Might as well hope for mounts and vehicles as well in the next patch, since the answer will be the same, LOL.

Ok so im making the big move tonight should take about 5 hours all and all.Going with the very high bins from low Q in Itbaba teepees with the more rare stuff in my cheif tent.

If a Dev reads this and can tell me its point less sense the Itbaba teepee is open and has no door and will not slow decay please stop me before the end of the night =}

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Im hoping the crafting changes they are talking about is going to effect ALL crafting to make it less tedious and more fun. (Reactions while crafting, choices and options while crafting etc).
    I don't know if their ideas are that good...but we shall see.

Ive never played an mmo with an "interesting" crafting system. Its always been more or less the same "get tools x and y, with resources a b and c -- bar fills up -- sword made". I guess MO did a really intuitive crafting system with a million different combinations of types of resources and hilts and such, but otherwise...

Can someone cite an example of what they consider to be a superior crafting implementation with a fun way to craft?