Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inventory

Re:Inventory

Lets say you have 1 type of stackable item in your bag, like Metal spikes.
    Then you have no slots open.

Going around gathering and only getting something if you have metal spikes and it auto stacking isnt a good option. I think you should have to have room in your bag and sort through what you want or dont want and it auto stack things in there.

This way would make it easier for people to macro and or bot too.

Current way is good, just needs a better overall inventory system IMO. The boxes are a bother. I like UO/DFO with a Wurm system of how much volume the item has.
    IE you cant put a rake in a backpack but you can put it on your back. You could carry 100kg of cotton but it would be so bulky you couldnt fit it into backpack.
    But you could carry 200 needles in a small purse or something. Understand?

Kitsume wrote:
    I'm not sure what system Xsyon is using for inventory, but It sound like for gathering, it looks for an empty slot to place the item first, then auto-combines items afterwards. Maybe if there was a virtual slot for gathering, the item would go there first then combine into a stack. If there was no place for the item to go, then it is dropped to the ground or is placed in your hands.
    This

Derek wrote:
    Kitsume wrote:
    I'm not sure what system Xsyon is using for inventory, but It sound like for gathering, it looks for an empty slot to place the item first, then auto-combines items afterwards. Maybe if there was a virtual slot for gathering, the item would go there first then combine into a stack. If there was no place for the item to go, then it is dropped to the ground or is placed in your hands.
    This
    Yes, that, above. That's the correct coding solution.

Not all items can be dropped. FYI. If you drop some items they will be destroyed.

They already have that system otherwise.

At the same time, there should at LEAST be a warning that your item is about to be destroyed.

Also, I have noticed equipping a new item in a slot with something in it can destroy the item. IE I have axe in left hand, drag golf club to it, axe is gone forever.

Jothmein wrote:
    At the same time, there should at LEAST be a warning that your item is about to be destroyed.

Also, I have noticed equipping a new item in a slot with something in it can destroy the item. IE I have axe in left hand, drag golf club to it, axe is gone forever.
    1)There is a warning. (Ive always got warning, in fact I want to remove the warning as an option).

2) Where were you dragging it from? Your backpack or your slots on your char sheet?

Backpack to the hand slot.