Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inventory

Inventory

Filled up the inventory and it said that I cannot scavenge for any more junk. However, I am no where near my weight limit and some items are stackable. I feel that it should allow you to keep scavenging and should you find something:

A.) If it's stackable stack it or

B.) if it's not stackable ask if you would like to discard something and place new item in that slot.

Re:Inventory

I don't think extra windows or menus popping up (as described in your suggestion B) are necessary. Just give a message saying "Inventory Full" and drop the item on the ground at the players feet, so he may pick it up once he has cleared space.

Automatically stacking similar items is a must, so long as they can reasonably stacked. A stack of swords is a no-no. A stack of buttons would be reasonable.

resources cannot be dropped on the ground, if done so they are discarded. This being the case extra window or what not is needed.

and items already do stack. My comment is that if you keep finding stackable items then they should keep stacking no matter if all 12 slots of your inventory is full.

Virtus wrote:
    resources cannot be dropped on the ground, if done so they are discarded. This being the case extra window or what not is needed.

and items already do stack. My comment is that if you keep finding stackable items then they should keep stacking no matter if all 12 slots of your inventory is full.
    Good point and my response is gonna seem cumbersome, but trying to be specific.

I'd agree that by design, if there are no more "open slots" in your pack because your "slotted pack" has an item in each "slot", but your weight limit has "not" been exceeded, then if you do scavenge something that is stackable, you should be able to carry it by that item being able to be placed within the slot where the other similar items are already stacked. That is until you've exceeded the weight limit of the pack.

Or maybe a simple message saying "you found such and such but you discarded it because you don't have any open slots".

Or even easier, the system detects you don't have any free slots left so it or does allow you to find stackable items.

Fohmyn wrote:
    I don't think extra windows or menus popping up (as described in your suggestion B) are necessary. Just give a message saying "Inventory Full" and drop the item on the ground at the players feet, so he may pick it up once he has cleared space.

Automatically stacking similar items is a must, so long as they can reasonably stacked. A stack of swords is a no-no. A stack of buttons would be reasonable.
    Auto stacking is already in. I talked to J about this already and he said that some items dont stack because they are not meant to stack. Like say a Steel Chest. You can get another Steel Chest but putting it in a stack would allow you to carry way to many chests.

I totally agree with the extra window questions crap, that stuff sucks and lets please limit it. I think we already have extra steps when we want to go through scrap stuff.

Having said that, I want more inventory space. Having only 15 needles of different types only as a max is pretty bad. Need to figure out a better way than slotted bags like WOW/Xsyon has.

Virtus wrote:
    Or maybe a simple message saying "you found such and such but you discarded it because you don't have any open slots".

Or even easier, the system detects you don't have any free slots left so it or does allow you to find stackable items.
    System does detect that you dont have enough slots to gather etc.

It also auto stacks items that are alike.

What it doesnt do is allow you to gather if you dont have space and only get stuff that can stack. Which is good in my book.

Inventory is wonkie because of the very limited boxes you have, and how you have to move stuff around.

I'm not sure what system Xsyon is using for inventory, but It sound like for gathering, it looks for an empty slot to place the item first, then auto-combines items afterwards. Maybe if there was a virtual slot for gathering, the item would go there first then combine into a stack. If there was no place for the item to go, then it is dropped to the ground or is placed in your hands.

MrDDT wrote:
    What it doesn't do is allow you to gather if you don't have space and only get stuff that can stack. Which is good in my book.
    So you think even though you are able to carry more stackables you shouldn't have the option to?

MrDDT wrote:

System does detect that you dont have enough slots to gather etc.
    /check
    It also auto stacks items that are alike.
    /check
    What it doesnt do is allow you to gather if you dont have space and only get stuff that can stack. Which is good in my book.
    /un-chekced. Why is it a good thing that auto stacks works if you have a stackable item in your pack, but not if you have available stackable item in your pack, but not an open slot, and if your not over-weight?