Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: seriously?

I was standing today watching a sunrise in game... and I saw twinkling stars through the clouds that were reflected in the lake.

Not bad at all

I'm crying when I hear people don't like the graphics.

There is a lot of restrictions on how OMFG LOOK AT THE GRAPHICS you can do when it is an MMO.

You have to account for the higher amount of polygons for purdier graphics. Higher amount of polygons creates more stress. Now add a whole world of players and mobs, trees and water.. (mostly it is us players that stresses the system). Leading to the fact that games could be OMFG!!! but aren't because no machine or server would be able to run it.

Personally I prefer this graphic to WoW, Aion, FFXIV and I could keep on going. Simply because it is a hell lot more realistic (except our beloved floating grass and fucked up logs). Hell the water in this game is epic. Here I thought Vanguard had nailed the perfect water when all along Xsyon had better water graphics.

**Such a shame I can't find the image on how WoW has improved their petty child cartoon graphics to more awesome child cartoon graphics)... Certainly such things will take place in Xsyon too come time.

Myself, I love Xsyon grapics. I been playing second life for a long time and compared to that Xyson looks great.

The only reaction i had when i logged in Xsyon was about the animations, Those are a little akward. I created animations myself in second life so i espected some better ones. But i don't know what engine xsyon runs on.

And ofcourse for new players, A "training" how to use the game would be very usefull. But thats off-topics right now.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    Leading to the fact that games could be OMFG!!! but aren't because no machine or server would be able to run it.
    Actually most server software runs in a process on a server that never sees anything, you might have a console but most servers nowadays save that for when stuff really breaks. all the graphics are client side.

The graphics are not outdated they are inconsistent and improperly lit. You have two different art directions in play here, one is photo-realistic, and the other is hand-painted. The trees, leaves, player models, and very many other things have hand painted textures. Terrain, rocks, and lighting is all photo-realistic. The mash up creates a really bland looking game. They need to create a consistent artistic design and stick to it. Furthermore, no offense to the level design guy, but seriously, add a tiny bit more hue to your skylights please, you are making the hand-painted world look gray and bland. Give it some oompah man, you don't need to overhaul your textures, models or anything else, work with what you got, and I guarantee toying with the lighting a bit more will do nothing but enhance the visual aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewybunny View Post
    The graphics are not outdated they are inconsistent and improperly lit. You have two different art directions in play here, one is photo-realistic, and the other is hand-painted. The trees, leaves, player models, and very many other things have hand painted textures. Terrain, rocks, and lighting is all photo-realistic. The mash up creates a really bland looking game. They need to create a consistent artistic design and stick to it. Furthermore, no offense to the level design guy, but seriously, add a tiny bit more hue to your skylights please, you are making the hand-painted world look gray and bland. Give it some oompah man, you don't need to overhaul your textures, models or anything else, work with what you got, and I guarantee toying with the lighting a bit more will do nothing but enhance the visual aesthetic.
    Did you look at the Textures that you are describing realistic? Everything here has very consistent design in my eyes. I really like the graphics. Just wish they spent more time on animations rather then make all those emotes with bad sounds WTB Jumping that looks good!

Well this is my area of expertise...

The graphics first of all are not bad, they are not low quality, or log resolution... they are simply not everyones style.

I personally know of many.. and I cannot stress enough ... the MANY mmo's which look a like or the same... at least this has its own look and feel. I myself feel the UI needs work but it is prelude.

grass texture, and tree leaves could be better but.. QQ about it...

if you complain about occasional floating trees/rocks, then what do you expect in a game with so much damn versatility with terrain, buildings etc... go back to WOW if you can't stand a bugged tree a few inches or hell even a couple feet off the ground.. shit happens.

Now I will leave you with this... do you play a game strictly for its graphics... I have seen some extremely beautiful mmo's, console games which I played for a couple hours or less cause they were equivalent to a well dressed pet rock in excitement.

The graphics kind of give me a headache. I find the colors to be too vibrant and there seems to be a lot of static-y artifacts on the leaves and grass. But in terms of models and textures, the game looks fine to me.

You guys want better graphics check out some of the AAA games that are not a sandbox, Or some of the F2P MMOs from Korea. Im sure you will love the graphics while you grinding boring PVE, and crafting with no world building.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    You guys want better graphics check out some of the AAA games that are not a sandbox, Or some of the F2P MMOs from Korea. Im sure you will love the graphics while you grinding boring PVE, and crafting with no world building.
    Lol not always do graphics mean crappy game - I enjoy AOC and WoW and they are both beautifull games. But I also love xsyon, with all its flaws it has a very special place in my heart