Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    You guys want better graphics check out some of the AAA games that are not a sandbox, Or some of the F2P MMOs from Korea. Im sure you will love the graphics while you grinding boring PVE, and crafting with no world building.
    Umm... It's okay...

Quote Originally Posted by meissner61 View Post
    Lol not always do graphics mean crappy game - I enjoy AOC and WoW and they are both beautifull games. But I also love xsyon, with all its flaws it has a very special place in my heart

Sandbox and graphics tend not to go hand in hand. EVE, Wurm, Darkfall, Mortal Online, etc.

I wouldnt put WOW on the list of "good graphics" either. That's just me.

Sandbox and graphics tend not to go hand in hand. EVE, Wurm, Darkfall, Mortal Online, etc.

I wouldnt put WOW on the list of "good graphics" either. That's just me.
    When was the last time you've seen Eve's graphics?

Perpetuum Online has decent graphics

I would just like to say that some of the most fun I've ever had online gaming of any genre came in a little pixelated 2d client known as UO.

The sandbox element coupled with the player content and the open world made it tops.

I look back at the generation before me who played text based MMO's on their BBS networks and i think to myself "how can anyone get into a text based MMO". Invariably the answer is the same: Player content.

If you want beautiful go buy elder scrolls and crack up your expensive custom built gaming machine and play out the theme-park content until you get bored and log back on to xsyon to enjoy some indulgent fraternization... with an axe...

Quote Originally Posted by fotuenti View Post
    Perpetuum Online has decent graphics
    and a really low overhead, that game runs like a champ on shitty computers.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    When was the last time you've seen Eve's graphics?
    1.5 months ago.

Where are the mountains?
    Also toon graphics are horrid. IMO.

Xyson has to smoothly render a lot of 3D objects all the way to the horizon. Trees, felled trees, settlements, patches of snow. Those are objects to be rendered, not background textures. All rendered and displayed all the way to the horizon. Plus the sky and weather effects like snow and rain. If they add much more graphics detail, people with slower PCs or lower bandwidth will have performance problems.

1.5 months ago.

Where are the mountains?
    Also toon graphics are horrid. IMO.
    .................................................. .................................................

It is foolish and irresponsible to tell any of the few people still playing Xsyon to 'go play ___'.

Be better then the typical game forum fanboys, guys.