Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This bug is so bad it needs its own thread

I know it's not just me getting this bug, but I am surprised it has not been talked about. Maybe it's just a few of us.

When I try to run around the world, I can only run about 2 zones without the game world reverting back to final wipe day.

All trees are there, there are no buildings or terraforming anywhere. I can walk into tribe zones, but a totem isn't there.

I can even walk through terraformed dirt walls. I know this because when I logged back in I was inside a city but I walked through where the walls were with the bugged out fresh world.

Relogging is the only thing that fixes the game world. Past few days logging in has taken 15 minutes when normally it takes two minutes. So this is getting a little frustrating to say the least...but also should be addressed just because its a MAJOR bug.

I noticed this bug a few weeks ago.

There are several bug reports for this issue...dating back to before I was even playing the game. Dez has said several times in IRC that it's a known issue and they're working on it. It does seem to be taking awhile especially for how frustrating this one is.

Never seen or heard anything but thanks. This is a major one that affects all aspects of game play

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    This is a major one that affects all aspects of game play
    Well except for the aspect where a person can hang around a zone or two.

it just seems like one of those things that would be better to fix now than later.

they must not have a solution yet

We know about this bug and it affects only some people and we are working on it.

Sorry for the inconvenience at the moment its hard to nail down and fix with so many other things that need attention.

On the bright side.......that's it bright side see its bright :P

Quote Originally Posted by dezgard View Post
    We know about this bug and it affects only some people and we are working on it.

Sorry for the inconvenience at the moment its hard to nail down and fix with so many other things that need attention.

On the bright side.......that's it bright side see its bright :P
    lol clever

and yea this has never happned to me but i can imagine how frustrating that could be, my game just crashes every 30min

Quote Originally Posted by Phatkat View Post
    lol clever

and yea this has never happned to me but i can imagine how frustrating that could be, my game just crashes every 30min
    Haha if you crash every 30mins likely you wont have this bug, it has something do with roaming around a lot of zones. Im not sure what it is, because I know the OP has a ton of ram. It happens to me also, I have 8gigs of ram myself.

To explain it a bit better, you will wonder around, and you will start to see no buildings, and all new trees. Like the land is 100% fresh, other than some of the terraforming. Its like the world was wiped again save for new terraforming.

You cant see animals nor other people either, or baskets.

How I perceive it is I am running along and hit an invisible wall. You can try running in windowed mode, and while making a jump yank the window around a bit ... Often you can then continue on, but you will see the zone de-sync and it will look like many have described.

I run an Nvidia card, with 512mb of memory at how and have this problem there, at work I have a 256mb card made by ATI and never see this issue.

It sounds to me like you're going into an "Offline Mode" and simply viewing the world that is installed on your computer. I'm guessing you are disconnecting from the server but not being booted from game.

In the Mortal Online beta, when the server was not up, you could still play the game client, which was just an empty offline world.