Seems they refactored how skill, tool QL and mat QL affect the resulting product QL.

Before the patch I could boost the level of the products the higher my skill and tool QL were. Even with moderate goods I could boost the result up to VHQ with VHQ tools. Not anymore.

With 100 skill and a VHQ saw and craft knife, I get Poor handles from Poor logs, Low from Low, Moderate from Moderate, etc. In one case I even got Poor handles from Low blocks (degraded quality). So basically my 100 woodworking is as effective as if it were 5. All my stored stocks of Moderate and lower logs just became firewood.

At 97 toolmaking and HQ tools, I can only get High tool products from High mats. With VHQ tools I can squeak up to VHQ products. Before, I could get VHQ results from High mats and tools.

With 47 leathercrafting, VHQ tools,VHQ leather scraps and high thread I only get Moderate Leather Straps, whereas before the patch I got High quality.

At 70 tailoring and VHQ cloth scraps I can still get High thread which then turns into High string, but Moderate twine. Before I was able to carry the High level all the way through to twine, as my basket full of High twine can attest to. This is a more definate example of the skill contribution being tweaked, as there are no tools involved in thread/string/twine.

Just my observations.

The only complaint I have is how totally ineffective my 100 Woodworking has become. Being my primary (hoped for) field of work, this really hit me hard. I can only hope it is a bug or oversight.