Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: Great patch!

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by GuideRaguel View Post
    Greetings Community,

    The Development team is working on Agriculture and revamping of the Combat as we type, decay was the first feature in development that was ready to be released for the public.
    We do have a lot to balance and change with the decay system, but the decay system is laying the ground works for later features, which needed to be released before they get implemented.

    The issue you are raising with the grinding of the skills (progress bar), is getting changed in the near future. Jooky has said that he would like to revamp the crafting to make it a bit more fun.

    The issue you are having with animals in your zones is not a case of the game simply not spawning enough or breeding fast enough, not at all.
    The issue that you are facing here, is that players are not controlling there local resources, which in this case is animals.
    Animals are resources and if you use up all the animal resources in the area then you are going to have to travel to different zones in order to stock up.
    The idea with the Animals is that the player base is to maintain them, they will breed and start to re-populate the zones but you have to give them time.
    Go for a walk travel the world a little and kill animals in different zones, try not to kill too many, find and kill a few animals in the 8 neighbouring zones around you.

    Please, lets not let this thread derail any further.

    Thank you.
    I do appreciate the update here as well as on IRC earlier Raguel and I have seen progress by the team since I've been here (not long). I'm hoping that they are able to maintain that progress in the coming weeks (I read somewhere that the new launcher/system/*something* was done to promote quicker work and quicker updates). I, like everyone else I think - except a few folks - want to see the game succeed...we're just not very patient (some much more so than others), especially when paying for it.

    I'm looking forward to agriculture changes and the combat revamp. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for some changes that desperately need to be address (better forms of travel, a new crafting system that is more than "click 30,000 times while trying not to fall asleep at the keyboard watching a bar", and more tools for the sandbox) and I hope they're coming sooner rather than later.

    Thanks again for the update....and I do agree that this patch was great...I've been trading and interacting with what's there of the population much more in the past few days.

    *Edit* Moved the bulk of my edit to the suggestions area

  2. #42
    Xsyon Citizen Zarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Thanks Raguel for the info.

    About the spawning of animal resources. Im sure there are animals out there, problem is running around 10 to 12 zones you find 1 or 0. There is no tracking, there is no way to find them other than per chance you find one. They dont make sounds, they dont leave tracks etc. You just happen to be lucky enough to walk into one.

    Another problem is the fact that they spawn out of thin air sometimes too. Ive seen it where they just poof spawn.

    Another problem with "just take a walk" are the bugs with that. Have you just taken a walk like you are asking others to do? Or have you just assumed because you can see where all the animals are? Try walking about 5 zones and tell me how that works out for you (an hour later). Because likely you will be bugged like many people I know and see no buildings, no people and no animals, because of a bug. Forcing you to relog. (Which right now is another problem for some people for many reasons, "Already logged in bug", "LONG loading time issues 15+ mins for some" etc.

    On top of all this, if you do find a spawn of animals you might have all of 2 to 3mins of fun, for the hours and hours you spent trying to get there, then you have to worry about "Am I killing to many?" when you kill the small spawn of 1 or 3.
    This is a valid point. I understand the desire to make the game realistic and I support this, but we shouldn't sacrifice entertaining gameplay for realism. I think that the animal resources shouldn't be as dramatic, if we want to have rarity and value then add different types of animals or creatures that are: harder to find, located in specific types of environment, provide valuable and needed recourses..

    This game really does need more on the PvE end, sometimes it would be nice to run into a pack of bears or be confronted by some animals at your camp. I understand that mobs shouldn't be as populated as WoW's mobs are, but it seems that the amount we are seeing in game is far too low and inactive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    A jug fills drop by drop...

  3. #43
    Xsyon Citizen
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarin View Post
    This is a valid point. I understand the desire to make the game realistic and I support this, but we shouldn't sacrifice entertaining gameplay for realism. I think that the animal resources shouldn't be as dramatic, if we want to have rarity and value than add different types of animals or creatures that are: harder to find, located in specific types of environment, provide valuable and needed recourses..

    This game really does need more on the PvE end, sometimes it would be nice to run into a pack of bears or be confronted by some animals at your camp. I understand that mobs shouldn't be as populated as WoW's mobs are, but it seems that the amount we are seeing in game is far too low and inactive.
    i agree, i think the foundation of having animals breed and populate as intended is great, but i do think the world is a bit barren right now. maybe it will change when animals start breeding more, but there should really always exist a little more PvE opportunities and it's kind of scarce right now

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by GuideRaguel View Post
    Greetings Community,

    The Development team is working on Agriculture and revamping of the Combat as we type, decay was the first feature in development that was ready to be released for the public.
    We do have a lot to balance and change with the decay system, but the decay system is laying the ground works for later features, which needed to be released before they get implemented.

    The issue you are raising with the grinding of the skills (progress bar), is getting changed in the near future. Jooky has said that he would like to revamp the crafting to make it a bit more fun.

    The issue you are having with animals in your zones is not a case of the game simply not spawning enough or breeding fast enough, not at all.
    The issue that you are facing here, is that players are not controlling there local resources, which in this case is animals.
    Animals are resources and if you use up all the animal resources in the area then you are going to have to travel to different zones in order to stock up.
    The idea with the Animals is that the player base is to maintain them, they will breed and start to re-populate the zones but you have to give them time.
    Go for a walk travel the world a little and kill animals in different zones, try not to kill too many, find and kill a few animals in the 8 neighbouring zones around you.

    Please, lets not let this thread derail any further.

    Thank you.
    That's great to hear but until then I'll just be cancelling my sub, thanks. Call me when the people you work for make a fun game with interesting content and not a conservation simulator, because as long as the game is a conservation simulator I'll be "conserving my resources" if you get my jist.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by GuideRaguel View Post
    Greetings Community,

    The issue you are having with animals in your zones is not a case of the game simply not spawning enough or breeding fast enough, not at all.
    The issue that you are facing here, is that players are not controlling there local resources, which in this case is animals.
    Animals are resources and if you use up all the animal resources in the area then you are going to have to travel to different zones in order to stock up.
    The idea with the Animals is that the player base is to maintain them, they will breed and start to re-populate the zones but you have to give them time.
    Go for a walk travel the world a little and kill animals in different zones, try not to kill too many, find and kill a few animals in the 8 neighbouring zones around you.

    Please, lets not let this thread derail any further.

    Thank you.
    Excellent, good to know. Question (if the answer wouldn't be a spoiler for the players): How do the animals interact with each other? If we have bears in an area, do they drive away/consume the deer? If dogs, do they drive away/consume chickens? Do dogs and coyotes get along? Basically what I'm wondering is if there's a check and balance among the animals. If we, say, conserve bears, are we losing deer population?

    P.S. Where are the pumas? : )

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by jemmus View Post
    Excellent, good to know. Question (if the answer wouldn't be a spoiler for the players): How do the animals interact with each other? If we have bears in an area, do they drive away/consume the deer? If dogs, do they drive away/consume chickens? Do dogs and coyotes get along? Basically what I'm wondering is if there's a check and balance among the animals. If we, say, conserve bears, are we losing deer population?

    P.S. Where are the pumas? : )
    Hello,

    I have put this question of yours into the Developer Zone.

    'Question of the Week' thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •