Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Great patch!

In Progress:

-Crafted object additional properties and bonuses.
    -Revised tree data storage system to prepare for tree planting and farming.
    This will be accompanied by a full tree reset when it is patched out.

The first two items listed are currently being checked on the test server. The tree data storage revision was a major task which took up the bulk of our time over the past two weeks and it just requires some final testing. As this is nearly done and I expect we will do some further adjustments to use decay after receiving feedback, we may have another patch ready in a few days rather than wait for next week. The rest of the items are in progress or next up on our list.

^^

Hopefully this means item stats for different qualities

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    The question is if there is any difference between a moderate QL armor and a master QL one defense-wise. That I'd like to know as well.
    Very much so. Much better protections, and even better if you have high skills.

While I'm not adverse to item decay, I think it's some prime grade A bullcrap that tools decay while there's no adequate way to replace starter tools with (low quality, easy to break) tools that DON'T require a whole bunch of other tools (either for making the tool itself or making the components for the tools).

It's currently possible for even an experienced Toolmaker to wear out the tools he needs to make replacement tools with. I know it's supposed to promote interaction and trade, but that doesn't work if some of the items needed for toolcrafting (like the infamous 'old saw blade' required for all Saws) are exceedingly rare and right now mostly in the hands of a few select tribes who aren't going to trade it to their neighbours for anything approaching a fair price.

Especially not for new characters who are unfortunate to discover that the only toolmaking recipes they have are not the ones they need to replace their current tools and their current tools wear out before they can get the recipes to make new ones.

'Trade for what you need' doesn't work well when you're the only one on in your zone.

There just isn't the population to make requiring trading for BASIC tools workable.

Saw blades are rare?...not really try scaving i have 3 bins full.

Quote Originally Posted by Robrecht View Post
    While I'm not adverse to item decay, I think it's some prime grade A bullcrap that tools decay while there's no adequate way to replace starter tools with (low quality, easy to break) tools that DON'T require a whole bunch of other tools (either for making the tool itself or making the components for the tools).

It's currently possible for even an experienced Toolmaker to wear out the tools he needs to make replacement tools with. I know it's supposed to promote interaction and trade, but that doesn't work if some of the items needed for toolcrafting (like the infamous 'old saw blade' required for all Saws) are exceedingly rare and right now mostly in the hands of a few select tribes who aren't going to trade it to their neighbours for anything approaching a fair price.

Especially not for new characters who are unfortunate to discover that the only toolmaking recipes they have are not the ones they need to replace their current tools and their current tools wear out before they can get the recipes to make new ones.

What do you call experienced?

Im at only like 25 tool crafting and Ive not had any problems replacing tools, so much so Im not even taking it higher because now I can make all the tools I need to level up my other crafts.

Quote Originally Posted by unclean666 View Post
    Saw blades are rare?...not really try scaving i have 3 bins full.
    You know darn well that saw blades are kinda rare. But both of you are going to the extreme on both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Robrecht View Post

Hmm, that does look like a possible problem. But then again, isn't this supposed to be a survival game at some level? New solo players might have to use some wits and some deal-making ability to work something out. Like, offer to deliver a full basket of plastic scrap to somebody's camp in exchange for a hammer. Not good enough? OK, two baskets of plastic scrap. Ok, it's a deal. Err, you're going to have to lend me the baskets to carry the stuff in. I don't have any. It seems like a new player with some creative thinking could work it out.

Stuff decays yet I still have nothing to do in Xsyon.

"Oh here's another grind mechanic go grind some more so that you have the ability to grind some more but yeah content? Nah bro we're gunna work on grind mechanics first then worry about actual features"

Cool........

Wait no this blows.

Would have been nice if a game in ALPHA stages wasn't falsely advertised as a title in launch phase. Dawntide has more to do than this goddamn game and it's free, and the graphics look better, and the art style looks better, and the combat is better.

Seriously WHAT THE FLYING FUCK are the developers doing? It's not like this is a teeny tiny 5 man team or anything like Dawntide, and Dawntide gets a helluva lot more shit done than Notorious Games does.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothkur View Post
    Stuff decays yet I still have nothing to do in Xsyon.

"Oh here's another grind mechanic go grind some more so that you have the ability to grind some more but yeah content? Nah bro we're gunna work on grind mechanics first then worry about actual features"

Cool........

Wait no this blows.

Would have been nice if a game in ALPHA stages wasn't falsely advertised as a title in launch phase.
    Sadly, this is typical for MMOs. Tons of grind (because it is cheap and easy to code), and very little fun.

I suppose it's fun for those with OCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhul_NS View Post
    Sadly, this is typical for MMOs. Tons of grind (because it is cheap and easy to code), and very little fun.

I suppose it's fun for those with OCD.
    "Oh hey lets take this great idea for a sandbox MMO, market it like it has innovative content and mechanics, and then make it into an utterly boring grindfest because that's how we make $14.99/month off of people, who gives a fuck if it's fun?"

This game has about 2 things going for it: Animal Breeding and Terraforming.