Master terraformers

I dont know if this might be planned, or already in game, but here goes anyway.

I think high level terraformers should be able to manually type in the desired height gain or how far down it should dig when terraforming.

The current system makes me pull my hair out when trying to level something flat. (I know about the "it only levels according to the tiles left and right of you)

Its just horrible, and really, a master terraformer SHOULD be able to have more control than the average terraformer. Maybe the average ones should be able to type in a value, but with a risc of it going 40% off or something.

Xsyon Citizen
    i think this makes sense, as long as the tiles around the one you want to lower allow it i think a number to type in would save a lot of pain. i figure as long as a tile is in the .20 range of the other your should be able to just select the level you want to reach.

i figure right now you can only level to a maximum of about .20 difference anyways.

leveling goes so slowly because you can use it instead of dirt to fill in areas (raise the earth, small 0.1 at a time)

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    leveling goes so slowly because you can use it instead of dirt to fill in areas (raise the earth, small 0.1 at a time)
    Well, it is not really because it is slow to level, I complain about it because it mostly never works. When I stand with a low and a high ground to the left and right of me, it doesnt level. When i have both higher ground to my sides, it usually does the trick, but it tends to go to far upwards, or it doesnt do anything at all. It really brings my blood to a boil, because the terraforming is one of the most interesting features in Xsyon, and it should be working smoothly for the price i pay.

Xsyon Citizen
    a tip is to check the tiles around you see that they are the right level or lower and then stand on the right tile or between the right and the lower and then level it up. damn it's hard to explain but when you get the hang of it you'll do great. think of it as baking out a pizza dough, hehe.

but seriously, a feature to lock on the level you want to reach should be implemented some way, maybe just lock it down to a maximum of .10 difference or even .20, then it wouldn't be such abuse of it i think. i mean you can really abuse it without dirt as it is now so it wouldn't change anything about that

i can say 100% that leveling works in this game, there is a certain way it just clicks one day and you figure out how to level.

then after about two weeks of on spot leveling you can start doing advancded leveling like when you have 5 tiles in a row you want to raise up to xxx.5 but there all xxx.1 normally you would level them all up by .4 but the fast and easy way to level all 5 is to simply stand in the middle tile and raise it up to xxx.6 then stand on the slanted tiles and level those and it should raise the outside tile while lowering the one your on and the one in the middle and repeat on the right side and all 5 tiles should now be .4 or .3