Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    Encumbrance should effect damage done...just saying.
    That would be a cool idea. Then you might see those lightly geared barbarian / savage / glass cannon types that risk their health to be heavy hitters. Would add a nice bit of variety to combat.

Plague what level is your character?

Someone should test this kind of stuff on a high level character and fresh character...to see if leveling up actually increases hit points or not.

30 hits with a pre order axe? I found that damn hard to believe i get 3 or 4 shotted by a pre order axe

you must have a lot of health
    I have 120 points I have not spents yet. And I have spent at least 150 so far on different issues. As I cant see what level I am I must guess that I'm around 30 or more.

Added after 1 23 minutes:

Encumberance should not affect damage, it makes no sense. There are havy armored knights with huge swords and when they hit you you die. But it should affect attack speed instead, this would be more realistic.

Encumbrance should effect damage done...just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I have 120 points I have not spents yet. And I have spent at least 150 so far on different issues. As I cant see what level I am I must guess that I'm around 30 or more.

Added after 1 23 minutes:

Encumberance should not affect damage, it makes no sense. There are havy armored knights with huge swords and when they hit you you die. But it should affect attack speed instead, this would be more realistic.
    I disagree with both of you on the grounds that I don't care what affects what. I just care that it's balanced. I would think having heavier armor affect swing speed would be the better way to balance rather than damage, but at this point in time I'm not sure a proper call could be made on this yet. In reality it could affect both and still be balanced.

Xsyon isn't a class based game where the classes need to be balanced. Everyone can wear what ever armor they can obtain. The difference is in the effort required to obtain the armor. The harder armor is to get, the more benefits it should provide.

In addition, in PvP you are risking the armor you are wearing. If I'm wearing full bone armor and you are naked, I'm risking my armor and you are risking nothing. I should have a huge advantage in the damage I can absorb. With the latest change, the damage absorption seems about right.

The additional encumbrance of bone means it will be harder to catch a lightly armored foe to do damage, but once in range it doesn't (and shouldn't) mean that less damage should be dealt.

Ravelli

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond View Post
    Xsyon isn't a class based game where the classes need to be balanced. Everyone can wear what ever armor they can obtain. The difference is in the effort required to obtain the armor. The harder armor is to get, the more benefits it should provide.

In addition, in PvP you are risking the armor you are wearing. If I'm wearing full bone armor and you are naked, I'm risking my armor and you are risking nothing. I should have a huge advantage in the damage I can absorb. With the latest change, the damage absorption seems about right.

The additional encumbrance of bone means it will be harder to catch a lightly armored foe to do damage, but once in range it doesn't (and shouldn't) mean that less damage should be dealt.

Ravelli
    Xsyon has no classes, but it does has different crafts. If bone armors have only benefits over all the other types then no one will train leathercraft, and every single player will wear bone armor. You can as well delete cloth and leather armors then since they will be useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Xsyon has no classes, but it does has different crafts. If bone armors have only benefits over all the other types then no one will train leathercraft, and every single player will wear bone armor. You can as well delete cloth and leather armors then since they will be useless.
    Exactly. These will probably be used by archers though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Bone has the best benefits for combat and will be preferred when you know there will be heavy combat. As the game stands, that will be fairly rare. Due to the encumbrance of bone (both the armor and the bear bones) and the ease of killing bears, it would foolish for a single hunter to wear bone. If you have to chase prey like deer, it would be foolish to wear bone or leather. Certainly, if you are hauling logs or wood, there is no reason to wear bone.

If this was a combat only game like most MMORPG's, then everyone would go for bone, but Xsyon is much more and there is plenty of room for different types of armor and clothing.

Ravelli

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond View Post
    Bone has the best benefits for combat and will be preferred when you know there will be heavy combat. As the game stands, that will be fairly rare. Due to the encumbrance of bone (both the armor and the bear bones) and the ease of killing bears, it would foolish for a single hunter to wear bone. If you have to chase prey like deer, it would be foolish to wear bone or leather. Certainly, if you are hauling logs or wood, there is no reason to wear bone.

If this was a combat only game like most MMORPG's, then everyone would go for bone, but Xsyon is much more and there is plenty of room for different types of armor and clothing.

Ravelli
    Bone armor's only downfall shouldn't be that it is heavier. I get what you are saying though. Bone armor will be used by heavy infantry to defend or attack a city. PKers probably don't want to be using a full bone set because it takes up 1/4 encumberance on a player with max base combat stats (90,90,90). It's far too easy to run away for that to be effective.

Bone armor's only downfall shouldn't be that it is heavier. I get what you are saying though. Bone armor will be used by heavy infantry to defend or attack a city. PKers probably don't want to be using a full bone set because it takes up 1/4 encumberance on a player with max base combat stats (90,90,90). It's far too easy to run away for that to be effective.

No, there should be many factors into all armor.
    Cost, Weight, Effectiveness, Looks, etc.

Like Bone armor are much harder to make with skills, and its much harder to get bones to make them, its also heavy, they also might decay faster than say leather.

Who knows all those are factors that need to be balanced out.

Grass armor is light, very cheap to make, very fast to make, and doesnt need a lot of skills (and the skill is very easy to train). Thus the protection is very low.

Quote Originally Posted by GuideMihr View Post
    It's useless to make test combat now till new combat system is ready
    Maybe true but it is good to see members giving information, sharing and helping eachother... plus honestly we do not know when your new combat system will be ready. Additionally I appreciate the information for the NOW while it is applicable to my current player experience.

thank you much plague.