Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    Exactly. These will probably be used by archers though.
    "Archers". When you say it like that, it sounds like a class, or a profession. This is under the assumption, im guessing, that no one will be able to switch from bow to melee effectively after this combat revamp, categorizing armed forces into either "infantry" or "archers". I doubt that will be the case, though.

Regardless, i don't think the difference in weight between full bone and full leather is enough to deter players from choosing armor significantly more protective if at only slightly higher encumbrance. Its incredibly easy to get away in this game. If you don't want to die, you wont, unless you've just completely neglected your stamina to the worst extent possible and are caught panting.

I think he means people that choose to focus their toons on archery.
    There is likely to be a skill cap (soft or hard) one day, and then people will likely focus. While some will be jack of all trades, but master of none. Some will tend to focus on what they like to do best, and be very good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    No, there should be many factors into all armor.
    Cost, Weight, Effectiveness, Looks, etc.

Like Bone armor are much harder to make with skills, and its much harder to get bones to make them, its also heavy, they also might decay faster than say leather.

Who knows all those are factors that need to be balanced out.

Grass armor is light, very cheap to make, very fast to make, and doesnt need a lot of skills (and the skill is very easy to train). Thus the protection is very low.
    actually grass protects better than cloth

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    actually grass protects better than cloth
    Umm ok.
    First Im not saying I agree with your statement. Second is I dont understand your point?
    I didnt say grass was better did I? Or Maybe you thought I was asking? I didnt say anything like that.

Im saying there are many factors in how well something should be.
    IE. Cost, Weight, Effectiveness, Looks, decay etc. I mean there are a lot of things to balance out there.
    Dont think that just because something is 100x more effect than something else means its 100x better and the only option to wear.

- Grass and cloth have around 1.5x multiplier on your HP
    - Leather has around 2x multiplier on your HP
    - Bone has 3.75, I guess even 4 at higher qualities (this needs confirmation)

Based on these results and making the assumption that one day agility will effect swing speed then i propose the following.

Swing speed is a equation based on agility. Agility suffers a penalty based on the armor a person is wearing.

Here comes the catch!!!!! The penalty is determined by a base reduction for armor type BUT Quality of the peice determines additional Penalties.

It would get to a point where poor quality armor would add additional agility penalty and Very high quality would add none. There would still exist a flat unchangeable penalty for a armor type but it would be clear who the novice armor crafter was versus the Grandmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by genlutz View Post
    - Grass and cloth have around 1.5x multiplier on your HP
    - Leather has around 2x multiplier on your HP
    - Bone has 3.75, I guess even 4 at higher qualities (this needs confirmation)

Based on these results and making the assumption that one day agility will effect swing speed then i propose the following.

Swing speed is a equation based on agility. Agility suffers a penalty based on the armor a person is wearing.

Here comes the catch!!!!! The penalty is determined by a base reduction for armor type BUT Quality of the peice determines additional Penalties.

It would get to a point where poor quality armor would add additional agility penalty and Very high quality would add none. There would still exist a flat unchangeable penalty for a armor type but it would be clear who the novice armor crafter was versus the Grandmaster.

Really we should just wait for the combat revamp and then toss out ideas. Not saying these are good or bad. Just saying it is likely all to change a lot.