I have tested all 4 types of armor, here are the results for everyone to ponder on (if you care):

No armor = I die to 8 hits fro pre-order axe from my friend who has lvl 27 axe and lvl28 armed combat. (I'm very high in skills due to heavy grind in all skills)

1. Grass - Daogwa assault (lvl60) - very high quality - I die in 12 hits
2. Cloth - lvl50 armors (any) - very high quality - I die in 13-14 hits (really minor difference)
3. Leather armor (castle rock, lvl70) - very high quality - 17-18 hits
4. Bone armor (Washoe Dearbone, lvl55) - moderate to high quality (thanks to Rambo for providing this armor in a nice trade against some vhq tools) - 30-31 hits

So I can draw following conclusion for each armor:

- Grass and cloth have around 1.5x multiplier on your HP
- Leather has around 2x multiplier on your HP
- Bone has 3.75, I guess even 4 at higher qualities (this needs confirmation)

Right now, using these numbers, everyone will want bone armor due to it being much better compared to anything else. In fact no other armor makes sense at all considering that it is the same pain in the arse making any high level armor. Even moderate bone will give you awesome protection.

I propose adding some perks to other armors to help the economy and don's screw all who went some other way then bone.

- Grass - good for hiding (there are some rumours around this one but nothing confirmed yet). Example: When you hide you are invisible (regardless of your skill) as long as you don't move so you can set ambush or wait until someone pases you so you can continue on your way.
- Cloth - Light with some extra protection, adds to comfort in the future
- Leather - Medium protection, medium weight, adds to comfort in the winter
- Bone - Best protection, heaviest of all

I hope this helps someone, post your tests (if you like sharing info that is).